Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, May 05, 2023

1970 Dodge Challenger

 38 degrees with patchy fog when I walked this morning.
Driving to town.


Sunrise 6:13
Morning Walk Steps 13,883

Started out walking to the ball park and around the loop a couple times.
Continued over to the Dollar General and then back through town
and up and down some side streets.


Next I went up to the cemetery on the hill.
Still some fog but lots of sunshine burning off the fog.
There were quite a lot of Red Winged Black birds at the cemetery.
One of them is perched on a post. (about in the center of the picture)


Walked over to say hi to the cows and they were busy eating again.

While walking up the main road I felt my pedometer vibrate so 
headed back to the Jeep.

No one out walking but did talk to Farmer Marvin at the barn.


๐Ÿ™‚    ๐Ÿฅพ    ๐ŸŒซ    ☀️

Here's another expensive vehicle.
This one is an amazing amount of money and I just couldn't believe
I read the price right.


Ken said one of the reasons it is so expensive is because it has
a diesel Cummins Engine which is a $10,000 option.

BTW Ginny and Debby yesterday's picture of the Challenger is NOT
a classic but a NEW car.

I did a little more searching around for pictures of my 1970 Challenger
and found a couple.
Took pictures of the pictures, so quality is not so great.



We went to the library again this afternoon.
Ken had to return some DVD's and pick up another book.
I went with him and came out with yet another book to read.
A new Louise Penny book,
A World of Curiosities.
Have two other books to read before I get to it though.

It's been a lovely sunny day.
What a welcome change.

Thanks for visiting.
Happy Friday
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณhappyone๐Ÿ˜Š  

14 comments:

William Kendall said...

The older ones were made to last.

Debby said...

Oh, I love the photo of a younger YOU. How cute!

I have no idea why vehicles are so expensive. For that price, you can buy an electric car. Everything is expensive now - and just overpriced. I won't pay for many things right now because I know the prices are inflated and I'm not paying for it. Thankfully we have a newer vehicle and so far, there is nothing pressing that we need to purchase.

As always enjoyed your photos.

The Furry Gnome said...

Is that really you!?

Tom said...

...neat bell bottoms.

Granny Marigold said...

Amazing picture of you ( I assume it is you) and your red Challenger.

Vee said...

So beautiful! Even your paint pants can't make you look like a ragamuffin. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Love that photo! And I like your Challenger, too. My family had a Challenger once upon a time—1972, I think.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I haven't seen one of these cars in ages! I love your misty photo of the fence with the bird on the post.

ellen b. said...

Love the photos of you and your Dodge Challenger! Cool! :)

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love your old Challenger and that cute picture of you in 1970! So fun to see this "blast from the past." My hubby had a 1973 Mustang Mach I back in the 70s, then later when we were younger, we bought another '73 Mustang Mach I and a '73 Mustang convertible (red!). He completely restored the Mach I. I miss both of those old cars, but we love Charly's 2020 Charger. Hope you have a good weekend. So good that the sun is out where you are!

Ann said...

Love the old picture of you next to your very cool car :)

Victor S E Moubarak said...

That's an expensive car.

God bless.

Melanie said...

Oh my! That car is expensive! I don't physically visit my library muuch but I do borrow Kindle books from them. It's not too far but it's nice to not have to drive and just borrow from home. Have a lovely weekend.

Bill said...

Very cool photo of you with your car.

Retired Knitter said...

Another reason that truck was so expensive is inflation. It is amazing that anyone can afford a new vehicle these days.