Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, May 06, 2023

A sunny day

 A beautiful clear, crisp, sunny morning,
43 degrees with a light breeze.
My ideal walking weather!

Sunrise 6:12
Morning Walking Steps 13,844

Headed over to the library first and dropped a book down the drop.
Continued on through town and back.
Up to the cemetery and walked around there.
A few bulls are back in the barnyard down by the Drane house.


Went to see the cows in the big barn too and all are doing fine.

I think the phlox looks so pretty growing down over the rocks.


Took a turn around the other cemetery and then
continued walking over to the ball park and walked the loop.
Walked around town some more and once again around the ball park.

Then down the main road and back to the Jeep.

A man was out walking with his three kids who I've never seen before.  
Shelia was in town running with her daughter.

Most of the dandelions have turned to seed and I collected up 
a bunch of the seeds and put them in a zip lock bag that I had with me.
I'm going to scatter them around out back of my house in the woods.

On the way home I saw one wild turkey again crossing the road
down from my house.  I wonder if it is the same one.  He's always alone.

Sure was a great morning for walking!!!

🙂     🥾    ☀️ 

Got a load of laundry washed and hung out on the line.
I stayed home while Ken went to the Dollar General.

In years past I have cut down MANY sticker bushes.
They are the climbing kind and many of them were high up in the trees
that I had to pull down.  It is a never ending job for me to keep
the sticker bushes under control.
That is what I was doing outside this afternoon.
It is a lot easier if I cut them down when they first start to grow
with my handy dandy yard shears.
Ken was also outside helping me.

Sunny and warm enough to sit out on the porch when we were done
and have a nice cold drink.

Later in the house we watched 4 deer visit out back for about
a half an hour.  One of them had a nice round belly - maybe we will
see a fawn one of these days.

It's been another lovely day.

Thanks for visiting.
Happy Saturday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone😊

Comment Replies:
FG - Yup, that's me in the picture yesterday.

12 comments:

Tom said...

...Karen, we both enjoyed fabulous days. I hope that more are on the way.

Ginny Hartzler said...

A great day! And I love the Phlox photo.

Mari said...

What a beautiful day! I love phlox too. We used to have some growing here, but it gradually disappeared.
I somehow missed yesterdays post. I love the pictures of the Challenger and especially the one with you in it.
PS - what is a sticker bush? One of those wild bushes with prickers on it?

Deb J. in Utah said...

Yes, the phlox does look pretty growing in the rock garden. Have a good Sunday. See you then!

Ann said...

Sounds like the perfect day. That phlox does look pretty.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You're always so busy.

God bless.

HWIT BLOGG said...

Sounds like a good day and a beautiful walk that morning! Always so nice visiting your lovely blog :)
Titti

Bill said...

The phlox looks very pretty. Enjoy your nice day.

William Kendall said...

A busy day!

Jeanette said...

Nice day! Funny you mentioned about the doe with the round belly because my son just sent me a picture of a doe with a round belly he saw in his yard today!

ellen b. said...

That Phlox does look nice along the rocks. Glad you had a great morning for walking. I'm so thankful for helpful garden tools! Getting after those sticker bushes early is a great idea.

Rose said...

With Roger being allergic to so much, I stopped hanging out clothes. But that was always one of my favorite things to do in life.