Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, April 22, 2023

LaVale

 

50 degrees this morning on my walk.
Started out and for just about my whole walk it was cloudy.
Sunrise 6:29
Morning Walk Steps 13,662

Walked around the upper cemetery first.
Some people plant real flowers by the graves.
Thought these white daffodils were so pretty.
Don't think I've ever seen white ones before.


Went over to see the cows and their calves.
Yesterdays cow did have the calf like I thought and another one was born.

Continued my walk around the other cemetery and then over to the
ball park loop to walk.
Then down the main road through town and up and down the side streets.

Saw a couple who I see once in a great while out walking,
and also the man who runs around and around the ball park loop.
Saw Shiela out running too.

It was supposed to start raining any time so kept my eye on the sky.
When I saw these dark clouds filling up the sky I started back to the Jeep.


  Got about a quarter mile from the Jeep when some huge
drops started falling.
I ran the rest of the way with the wind pushing me along and
managed to stay mostly dry.
Thankfully I got a full walk in.

☁️    🥾    🙂    🌧

We left this morning after breakfast and headed down LaVale.
First stopped in Grantsville at the dump and got rid of our garbage.

Went to a few different stores to do a few errands.
One stop was at Joanne's fabric.
This one is a pretty small store and doesn't really have all that much.
But they did have an 18 inch pillow form that I needed for the
pillow cover I've been knitting.
(about half done)
Also picked up a big skein of Caron yarn that caught my attention.
Name of the color is Blush and Blue.


While we were there we went through the Taco Bell 
drive thru and had a couple soft shell tacos.
We hadn't been to a Taco Bell in about 4 years!!

Did some reading and knitting this afternoon.
Liz went down to southern Maryland to visit a friend for the weekend so
David came over for supper.
I made him is favorite meal again.
Tuna Casserole

Happy Saturday and thanks for stopping by.
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🙂

17 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

What a fabulous sky in your first photograph ...

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...WOW, what a sky!!!

Granny Marigold said...

I don't think I've ever seen pure white Daffodils either although Sheila said she'd found some. Tomorrow I want to look at the market where she found hers.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen, Sounds like you had a nice and productive Saturday. I really like that yarn you bought. So nice that David could come over for dinner. I hope you have a good Sunday.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your first photo of the sky reflected in the lake is gorgeous! What beautiful walks you have!

Mari said...

Glad you didn't get too wet! I like that white daffodil too. Makes me think maybe I should plant some daffodils by my parents gravestone.
Pretty color yarn.

Hill Top Post said...

Your first picture is gorgeous. I am always amazed at how much you accomplish every day.

HWIT BLOGG said...

What a lovely walk in the early morning! The sky is just magic...
Have a beautiful Sunday & take care!
Titti

Ann said...

I've seen daffodils that were part white but not totally white. Those are pretty. Glad you didn't get too wet.
I like the colors in that yarn.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Great photo - the first one.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful walk and a beautiful sky capture!
yesterdays rain has brought in some colder temperatures.
The yarn colors are pretty.
Have a happy day and a great new week!

ellen b. said...

Love the white daffodils. It's been ages since I've been at a Taco Bell!

Jeanette said...

At my old house I had a mixture of white and yellow daffodils. They are very pretty! I wish I could plant flowers at my parents graves but their markers are just flat and they would get mowed over! I thought it was funny that the gentleman on the grave marker had B.O. for his nickname!

Bill said...

The sky is stunning!

John's Island said...

I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of your sunrise/sunset pics. Thanks for sharing!

William Kendall said...

Quite a dramatic sky.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love the white daffodils. I can’t recall ever seeing white ones like that.