Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, April 04, 2023

The Fence

45 degrees this morning when I walked.
Mostly sunny and calm.
Sunrise 6:56
Morning Walking Steps 12,761 


Walked around both cemeteries first.
Didn't go see the cows because it seemed busy up that way.
Manure truck back and forth and then the cows were getting
hay - didn't want to be in the way.

Walked to the library to drop off a DVD, and continued on over 
to the ball park and around it a couple of times.

Next went through town and down the main road toward home
a ways and turned around and back to town.
On the way back took the turn up Sale Barn Rd.


Rebecca was out this morning walking her dog Leo.
Three people around the pond fishing.

Heard a chain saw going but didn't walk down that road to check it out.
I'll go by another day to see what trees are being cut down.

Sure nice weather for walking.


🥾    🌤    🙂

Didn't know Ken took this picture of me yesterday dragging branches
until I saw that he sent it to my computer.


This morning it was time to go to the dentist for another 6 month cleaning.
Boy those 6 months come around fast.
Happy to have a good report and hope the next 6 months
go by a little more slowly.

Was outside this afternoon picking up more branches to add to the fence.
Most of you know I've been making natural fences with the brush
but there were a few comment questions about them.

It started with me clearing out deadfall and instead of burning or
chipping it I started putting branches on top of each other
in a line along the property line making a fence.
I got farther and farther away from the property line so now
each section of land I clear and I make fences.
It makes homes for birds and small critters and the deer like
to rest along side of it, sometimes staying for hours at a time.
It's great exercise with all the bending up and down picking things up too. 😊 

Here's a few pictures of my fencing.





After I got tired of adding branches and brush to the fence
I took another walk around Happy Trails.


It was like a summer day.
Sunny and in the low 70's.

Thanks for visiting.
Happy Tuesday
happyone

Comment Replies: 
Debby - The population of Accident is 340 and in the whole county 28,800. Have no idea how many graves are in the 4 cemeteries around town, but wouldn't be surprised to find out there are more graves than live people. 

15 comments:

Jeanette said...

That fence is very cool and home to lots of creatures I'm sure!

The Furry Gnome said...

Those are quite the fences you've built Karen!

William Kendall said...

It looks nice and peaceful today.

Tom said...

...it has been so windy here, downed branches are everywhere.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I think those fences are such a good idea. I'm sure the birds and other wildlife love them.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen, Wow, a summer-feeling day with temperatures in the 70s! That sounds so great! We had even more snow and temps in the 30s today. I hope you have a good evening. See you again tomorrow!

Vee said...

Birds, small critters, deer, and an 🐘. Look closely. You might see it, too.

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a wonderful project your fences are!! They are eco-friendly, and help out the animals! Your flowers are so pretty. I believe them to be a type of Bluebell

Ann said...

That fence is pretty impressive. It looks like you've been working at that for a long time.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Wow, that fence is amazing. It is a nice way to make homes for the little critters. Love the flowers! Take care, have a wonderful day!

Debbie said...

What a brilliant idea with the fences! Sounds like a beautiful day :)

ellen b. said...

That's a lot of branches! Impressive natural fence! Love your energy!

Bill said...

Nice looking fence, I like it!

Lowcarb team member said...

Your weather sounds lovely ...

All the best Jan

Debby said...

The fence is creative and it works. I like natural things like that. Around here in the rural areas, there are volcanic rocks from the last time Lassen blew back in the early 1900s. Some creative people use the rocks, place them in round wire cages, fill them up, and use them as fences or fence posts. The bigger rocks have to be moved professionally. They are a beautiful and natural way to landscape. I much prefer to utilize what I already have.

Thanks for the answer to my comment. - I bet you do have more dead people than living. The town of Colma just outside of San Francisco has 1.5 million dead there. The 2020 census revealed their living residents at 1500. When I was a kid, they didn't have that many living residents - it was under 200. So the living is encroaching on the dead.