Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, April 03, 2023

Morning Walk, tree pick up and another walk.

When I walked this morning it was 34 degrees, calm,
with a mix of sun and clouds.
Sunrise 6:58
Walking Steps 13,026

 Just getting light when I start walking now so can start
walking around the cemeteries first instead of through town 
under the street lights.

At the barn it was breakfast time for this little one.


Farmer Marvin was there and he told me 2 calves were born
on Friday and 20 more will be born any time now.

Leaving the cows I stopped at the Jeep to pick up a book and then 
walked over to the library and dropped it down the slot.
Continued on over to the ball park, around there and through town.

Walked passed our old house in town which is on the right
down this street.


Walked up and down the side streets and before I knew
it my walk had come to an end.
The time zooms by when I'm walking.


Thought I'd see people out walking on such a beautiful morning
but didn't see anyone else out.

🥾    ⛅️    🙂

A nice sunny day so got my sheets washed and hung up outside.
Put chicken in the slow cooker and added some Zesty Italian dressing
and that took care of supper.
Did a couple of other things around the house and then went outside.
Ken was already out cutting up the tree that fell down.
He took down a couple others before they came down on their own.
He took away the big pieces and I picked up the smaller branches
and added them to the natural fences that I've been making
all over the place!!

A nice sunny day and temperatures made it up in the low 60's!!

Inside for lunch and then I was outside again.
Picked up some other branches and limbs that came down and
added them to my fences too.

Then I went for a walk around Happy Trails.



Back in the house I had a little time for knitting and reading
before supper time.

There is just one piece of cake left and I'm having that later for my snack!!

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Monday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone😉

Reading about nature is fine, 
but if a person walks in the woods and listens carefully, 
he can learn more than what is in books, 
for they speak with the voice of God.
- George Washington Carver -

22 comments:

William Kendall said...

I like those woodland shots.

Anonymous said...

I plan to make your chocolate pudding cake for Easter dinner!

Tom said...

...it looks like spring has sprung down there!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Now I am wanting to see this fence you have been making. And what is it fencing in?

Vee said...

Lots of walking today. Those temps sound like what I am waiting for. The sound at Farmer Martin's barn is going to change when all those new calves are born.

ellen b. said...

You covered all sorts of terrain today. That's a lot of little calves! The cake is in the refrigerator and we'll be leaving shortly to go to our dinner invite. Looking forward to dessert! :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely to see the little calve ...
It sounds like you had a good day.

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

Oops, that should be calf !

All the best Jan

Ruth Hiebert said...

That blue sky looks so lovely. I am missing sunshine and blue skies.

Latane Barton said...

You always have such lovely quotes at the end of each post. I especially liked todays. Have a great week.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love the post from George Washington Carver at the end of this post. Great pictures of hiking around Happy Trails. Glad you had another good day. See you again tomorrow!

Rose said...

Happy Trails looks like an excellent place to walk...and play!

Debby said...

How sweet to be near such new life with the births of so many calf’s. I’d like to see that branch fence too! It’s still so cold here. Unusual.

Hootin Anni said...

I would love walking in the woods...I would be hoping to see deer and other critters!! I bet the change of seasons in the woodlands would be photography "heaven".

Ann said...

I would love walking on that trail through the woods. It looks like such a beautiful day there.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Love the shot of the cows and calf. Pretty sky capture!
We live next to a forest, most of our fire roads look like your wooded trail.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Beautiful countryside walks.

God bless.

Bill said...

Happy Trails looks very nice.

Visits With Mary said...

That sure is a pretty picture of the street where you used to live. It sure looked like a beautiful day.

Aritha V. said...

The sight of the newborn calf at the barn must have been adorable, and it's exciting to hear about the impending births of 20 more.

Your natural fences sound like a unique and creative way to incorporate fallen branches into your surroundings. And.... ending the day with a piece of cake sounds like the perfect way to unwind and treat yourself. I hope you have a relaxing evening ahead!

Jennifer said...

A double walk day! Fun:) And what fun to stop by the barn...that is going to be one full barn soon!! Hope your Tuesday is going well! Have a great day -

Granny Marigold said...

My favourite picture today is the one with the rather strange clouds in the blue blue sky.