Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, April 23, 2023

Sunday

 One morning this week.


One evening this week.


🎶    🎶    🎶

People think of the hymn Jesus Loves Me as a childs song,
But we still sing it at my church and this morning was one of those times.

1. Jesus loves me this I know.
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong.
The are weak but
He is strong.

Yes, Jesus loves me.
Yes, Jesus Loves me.
Yes, Jesus loves me.
The Bible tells me so

Most EVERYONE knows the first verse, but do you know the other three verses?

2. Jesus loves me He who died.
Heaven's gate to open wide.
He will wash away my sin.
Let His little child come in.

Chorus

3. Jesus take this heart of mine.
Make it pure and wholly thine.
Thou has bled and died for me.
I will hence-forth live for Thee.

Chorus

4. Jesus loves me He will stay.
Close beside me all the way.
He's prepared a home for me,
And someday His face I'll see.

Chorus


This song written by Anna B. Warner 
and was never really written as a song to be published.  
Her and her sister Susan wrote a book together, Say and Seal in 1860. 
In the book a little boy is dying and his Sunday school teacher 
comforts him by singing this little song.  

When hymn writer William Bradbury read the words in the book, 
he put them to music and it has become the best known children's hymn.

Have a Blessed Sunday.
Jesus loves me and He loves you too.❤️
👩🏻‍🦳Happyone  🙂

17 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I never knew any of this about this song! Your last photo is my favorite. Maybe my favorite of everything you have ever posted that I have seen. Glorious!

Debi said...

Beautiful red sky photos!

Bill said...

Another beautiful sunrise and sunset.

The Happy Whisk said...

Stunning sky!

William Kendall said...

Gorgeous skies.

ellen b. said...

So thankful that Jesus loves me!

Mari said...

We still sing it too. I love hearing that history!

Granny Marigold said...

I did not know the story behind the song. Thanks for posting it.

John's Island said...

Interesting history on the hymn and more excellent photos!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Even though it is usually sung by children, it has a wonderful and true message for all of us.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful sky images and such a precious song.

Tom said...

...a beautiful beginning and ending!

Agnes CF Lee said...

I love this song..my children sure like it, it's a song that we sing in church when the children go for their liturgy classes.

eileeninmd said...

Wow, gorgeous sky, so colorful! Take care, have a wonderful week!

Ann said...

What an interesting history for that hymn. I didn't even realize there were more verses. I've only every heard the first one.

Vee said...

I enjoyed learning the history behind the song. Never have heard all the verses, which is a shame since they are lovely.

R's Rue said...

So beautiful.