Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, April 13, 2023

Another Fine Day

 Another beautiful morning for walking.
50 degrees, calm, and sunny.
Sunrise 6:44
Morning Walking Steps 13,185

Saw two deer on my way to town.
Started my walk walking around both of the cemeteries,
the lower one first and then the upper.
Side trips down to see the cows in both places,
the barnyard and the big barn.
A couple of little ones with their mamas in the big barn.


This is the farm pond down by the barnyard and Drane house.


Took this picture overlooking part of town from the upper cemetery.


Next walked over to the ball park and around it a couple of times.
Continued walking down past our old house, through town and some side
roads and back to the Jeep.

The white Victorian house in town had workers there today putting
a fence around the yard.  
At first I thought it was to be a nice black iron fence but
then saw the rolls of cyclone fencing. 

🥾    🌤    😊

This morning Ken went outside and cut down another dead tree
before it fell down.
All went well - it fell exactly where he planned.
That's him just starting the cut.


It broke up as it hit the ground and I put the pieces on my fence.

I took down the winter flags in the rock scape and put up the summer ones.


 Went to my book club this morning.
(11:30 - 12:30)
Only five of us there and we had a fun time.
Even discussed the book 😊 The Magnolia Palace which we all loved.
 
Home for lunch and then I was back outside.
A big branch had come down in the wind of a big old tree out back
but got stuck on another limb so Ken cut it down for me so
I could add that also to my fences.

After that it was time for me to sit out on the front porch
and have a nice cold drink of water.

Today the temperature made it all the way to 80!!
It really was like summer.

We usually have our pizza on Friday's but we had it today
for supper instead.
We bought two pizzas from the teens at church for a fund raiser.
so we decided to try one.
Not as good as our homemade ones, but still pretty good.

So that's been my day.
Hope yours was a good one too.
Thanks for visiting.
happyone

18 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

It sounds a very good day.
I like your summer flags.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...every day is a fine day, but the weather was fabulous today!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Another beautiful day in your neck of the woods. Your book club seems like a good one. Pizza for dinner always sounds good. See you again tomorrow.

The Furry Gnome said...

Beautiful day here too. Interesting rockscape you've created.

Vee said...

We made it to 75.° My windows were open for the afternoon. Some fresh air is always good. Tomorrow will be the end of it for a while. That tree was a pretty big one! Glad Ken got it down safe and sound and that you made short work of once it was down.

Debby said...

80 is perfect! We’re well below what is normal for this time of year. At least the skies are blue and sunny and the snow capped mountains around us are pretty. But I think the wind blows the cold air on to the valley and maybe that’s why we are colder than usual.

Yeah when you have property you have to cut down those dead trees! You have a good life, Karen!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my goodness! Your photo where everything has turned golden is stunning!!

Granny Marigold said...

I think I would have chosen a white picket fence for the Victorian house. Once the chain link fence is up maybe you can take a picture. I'd like to see that.
I'd also like to see those adorable little calves. They look so cute.

Hill Top Post said...

80 degrees! You don't have many days that are warmer than ours, but today you were. I love seeing the rock garden and look forward to seeing what you plant in the pots. I still think you should have been a cowgirl! :~)

Hootin Anni said...

That was near OUR temp!! Oh those calves are so adorable.

Ann said...

I don't know the temp but I'm betting we got pretty close to that here too. It was a beautiful day yesterday.
Love the rock scape

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I love your photos of cattle and animals.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Love the photos, I love the little calf. The cows are so cute. Pretty views and scenery! We have a couple of trees we want cut down. The weather here has been feeling like summer time, in the 80's. Take care, have a happy day and a great weekend!

ellen b. said...

80 degrees!! Wow! That's always a relief when a tree lands where you want it to. Good to be proactive.

Linda said...

For some reason, I always want to say hi when I see cows.

I love the light in the third photo.

Bill said...

It was nice and warm for you. We had some hail last night and this morning. Enjoy your day.

William Kendall said...

A lovely day.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Spring is obviously farther along at your place. We still have remnants of snow, but we are getting there. I love seeing the sights you see on those walks.