Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Another day, another walk

 A picture left over from yesterdays morning walk.


This morning it was 39 degrees and sunny with no wind.
Sunrise 6:24
Morning Walk Steps 13,715
To walk a mile the average person takes 2000 steps.
It takes me a few steps more than that at about 2200 or more.

Walked through town and went up and down the road behind
the Dollar General.


Then walked around the industrial park.

Continued back through town and up and down a few side streets
and then lastly around the lower cemetery a couple of times.

Didn't see anyone else out except for two fishermen at the pond.

๐ŸŒค    ๐Ÿฅพ    ๐Ÿ™‚    ๐ŸŽฃ

Washed the sheets on this pretty sunny day, hung them outside 
and they were dried and back on the be by lunch time.

Not too much going on around the house.
Just did a bit of this and that.
Knitted a while and realized I had made a mistake so had
to back a few rows.
That took a while but the mistake has been fixed.

That's all I've got for today.
Happy Wednesday and thanks for visiting.
happyone

Comment Replies:
Deb - My old pedometer was a STRIIV the new one is a STIVE.  Notice the slight difference in spelling.

HappyWhisk - Some comments do go into the spam folder but I DO SEE THEM and when I do they get published.  I check every day.

GrannyM - The flying birds from yesterday are Canada Geese.  They took off from the field and flew over to the pond.
It is not that I'm a fast reader, I just spent the whole afternoon reading!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

15 comments:

Tom said...

...the lighting in those pictures is fabulous.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love your first photo!!

Debby From my house said...

That first photo is breathtaking

Mari said...

Oooh - such pretty pictures today. I love that first one!
So frustrating to take stitches out. Glad you found it when you did.

ellen b. said...

That's a pretty leftover photo! Sounds like an peaceful day. I mowed the lawn today. We got up to 70!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Thanks for clarifying the difference in spellings. I guess they are made by different companies. So glad you had a good day and got your knitting mistake fixed. See you again tomorrow!

The Happy Whisk said...

Thanks, HappyOne!

Same here. I get that often on my side too.

Walking sounds nice. Sounds like a great thing. And I'll be back at it soon, too.

Granny Marigold said...

For me a mile is 2640 steps so does that mean my steps are smaller (shorter?) than yours? I think so. Interesting.
Thanks for ID'ing those birds.

Hill Top Post said...

There is something about putting sheets on the line that makes for a nice day. I also enjoy days when there's not much going on. Today was not one of those days. Millie and I have walked in a light rain shower for the past couple of days. We don't mind.

Ann said...

Love that photo from yesterday. When I used to crochet, I always hated to have to pull out rows to reach the mistakes.

eileeninmd said...

Love the sunrise and landscapes, beautiful photos.
I check out my phone for my steps, my walking speed can change on each walk.
Take care, have a happy day!

Debbie said...

Sounds like a great day :)

Jeanette said...

That first picture is beautiful! I love the sun shining through the tree!

Bill said...

Yesterday's photo is stunning, I love the light and the tree.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful light in these shots.