Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, April 27, 2023

A nice sunny day

This morning when I walked it was 38 degrees,
sunny, and no wind - beautiful walking weather!!
Sunrise 6:22
Morning Walking Steps 14,166

Walked around the lower cemetery first and then up to the
one up the hill.
Went left to see the cows in the big barn.
All the cows have had their calves.
Farmer Marvin was there among the cows and calves.
He looked busy so didn't bother him.
Then went down to the barnyard.
Still empty but looks like it is getting scraped clean of mud and hay
and other 'stuff'.

This is the farm pond by the barnyard, in back of the Drane house.
If you look closely you may be able to see a few geese
in the sun at the right side of the pond. 


Took this picture just because it caught my eye.


From the cemeteries I walked over to the ball park and walked
around the loop a couple of times.
Then back to the parking lot at the pond to throw my sweat shirt
in the car.  

From there I walked up and down the main road and most of the
side streets too.

No people about walking but there seemed to be a few more
cars around then normal. 

🙂    🥾    ☀️

A nice sunny day so did another load of laundry.
Whites this time.  
Left them on the line even after they had dried so the sun 
could bleach them whiter. 

Like to make them in the morning to give all the flavors
a chance to blend together nicely.
The salad went along with hot dogs that I broiled.
We like them well done.
Next best thing to grilling them.

Too nice to stay indoors this afternoon so went walking around
Happy Trails for a while.
Was out near the cabin and Liz saw me and came out.
We walked a little and talked more!!

Left her and continued my walking in the woods.

Back at the house Ken and I sat out on the porch for a little while.

That's all I have for today.
Happy Thursday and thanks for visiting.
👩🏻‍🦳happyone😊

Comment Replies:
GrannyM - Yes, my walking stride is longer than yours.  I'm probably taller than you.

15 comments:

Tom said...

...a cool start here, sunny and up to 57F. A beautiful spring day.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Your cucumber salad sounds like something my mother used to make. So good. Your dinner sounds good. We are having beautiful spring weather here as well. See you again tomorrow!

Debi said...

Sounds like a really nice day. I chuckled when I saw your photo of the open gate, wondering if anyone "escaped"...

Ginny Hartzler said...

Everything looks so new, well tended, and pretty. And I DO see those geese!

Mari said...

Your walks have been just gorgeous lately!
The salad sounds very good.

Hill Top Post said...

I caught your comment about throwing your sweatshirt in the Jeep. :~) It seems those extra layers are going fast! Yay for that! I enjoy best walking bare armed and bare legged with a warm breeze blowing through my hair. I am sure Farmer Marvin is happy to be through with calving.

Ann said...

Cucumber salad and a hot dog sounds really good to me right now.
Love that first picture with the pond.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The sunshine is welcome, pretty scenes and photos. Take care, have a great weekend!

Debbie said...

Sounds like a great walk! And the cucumber salad brought back memories! My mom always had this in the fridge and for the longest time, I had no idea you could eat a cucumber without it being cut up and put in vinegar :)

ellen b. said...

Your day sounded nice from beginning to end!

Jeanette said...

Nice walking weather! I like my hot dogs well done, too. The more blackened on the outside the better!

Granny Marigold said...

It looks like you're also enjoying a stretch of cool mornings followed by lovely sunny afternoons.
I'm sure you must be taller than I am. I've shrunk 2 1/2 inches in the past few years bringing me down to 5' 4".

Bill said...

Sounds like a wonderful day for you.

William Kendall said...

I do like that gate shot.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The open gate is a lovely photo.