Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, April 25, 2023

An afternoon of reading

 

A chilly 26 degrees this morning when I walked.
It was calm and sunny with a light frost.
At the end of my walk it was up to 36 degrees.


Sunrise 6:25
Morning Walk Steps 13,860

Walked around the upper cemetery first and made another trip
over to see the cows.
One more was born.
The calf with no tail was up and doing good.

Went down to the barnyard to see the bulls and was surprised
that they were all gone.


Will have to ask Farmer Marvin where they are.
I think they may have been put in the pasture down the road from
our house.  Don't know if it is just my imagination but they look like them.

Next I walked the ball park loop.
Then all around town up and down side streets and then the
other cemetery.  Still had a little way to go so went back up the
hill and walked around the cemetery again.

Saw Lisa out running. (sometimes she runs, sometimes she walks)

I'm still liking my new pedometer and it is working out great.
When I reach 12,000 steps the pedometer vibrates and I feel
it on my wrist.  Then it's time to head back to the Jeep.


☀️    🥾    😊

First thing after breakfast we were off to Casselmans to
get food shopping out of the way.

Did a couple house chores and then made the mistake of sitting
down to read for a while.
Ended up finishing the entire book.
I read Blessings by Belva Plain.
It was one of the books that I bought a few years ago
that got added to my to read shelf.
Trying to get the books on that shelf read and then I can get rid of them.
Will only keep the ones I would like to read again.
I've got it down to about 10 now.

This evening I'll be making some weave-it squares for the 
May baby blanket.
Have quite a few already made.
34 with 36 to go.

That's it for today.
Happy Tuesday and thanks for visiting.
👩🏻‍🦳happyone😊

20 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

An afternoon of reading can be lovely. When my Apple Watch goes out, I will probably get a Striiv fitness tracker like yours. Sounds like a good one and WAY less expensive than a new Apple Watch. Glad you had another good day. See you again tomorrow.

ellen b. said...

That's a good system for keeping your books under control. Happy Tuesday to you. We are out of our below freezing mornings for the next several days.

Tom said...

...we had snow today and then sunshine and then group fog like you show!

The Happy Whisk said...

I love when a book is so good that we just gobble it up right there. That's how I was when I read the Art of Swedish Death Cleaning. Loved it.

Glad to read that the baby with no tail is doing good. Sorry to read about the others going to pasture. I'm not sure what pasture is, though it doesn't sound fun!

Love that the step counter vibrates. So nice not to have to look at it and just be in the moment of walking.

Happy Walking to you!

The Happy Whisk said...

Oh no, my comment vanished again. I think I may be in spam. I'm ending up in a lot of spam folders lately. Booo on Google/Blogger for that.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love the second photo with the mist. It evokes so many emotions...

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh my! The first two pictures are show stoppers. So beautiful.

Hill Top Post said...

I love those foggy morning pictures. It was so chilly today that we have kept a fire burning..

Granny Marigold said...

You must be a fast reader!! (Plus the book must have really captured your attention). Do you have any idea what the birds are, the ones in the past picture? They have quite a wing span!!

eileeninmd said...

Love the morning scenes and the red barn. I recently saw an advertisement on facebook for Casselmans. Take care, enjoy your day!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That's a cold start to the day. We would have trouble walking in the cold but I know it's invigorating! I have been reading more and enjoying some older mysteries. Have a fabulous day!

Jeanette said...

Sometimes you just have to read a book until it's finished! thankfully it wasn't in the middle of the night!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Lovely photos. Are those seagulls flying in V formation?

God bless.

Aritha V. said...

I really love your photos. Great job on tackling your bookshelf! It's a satisfying feeling to declutter and prioritize the books we truly want to read. Happy reading and enjoy the extra space!

Happy@Home said...

An afternoon spent reading is a good use of time in my opinion. I did a lot of that when I was sick. Now I need to get moving :). I do enjoy Belva Plain's books. I'm sure I must have read that one years ago.

Bill said...

Your first two photos are very beautiful. Many the bulls went on a field trip. :)

William Kendall said...

Beautiful morning views.

Ann said...

Those first two photos are gorgeous. Those are frame worthy.
Spending an afternoon reading sounds kind of nice.

Lowcarb team member said...

Just love your first two photographs, they are so atmospheric :)

All the best Jan

Debbie said...

Those top two photos are magnificent!