Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, April 10, 2023

A beautiful sunny day

 32 degrees when I started walking this morning,
it was calm and sunny once the sun rose.
Sunrise 6:47
Morning Walk Steps 12,570


Walked all around town and all the side streets first.
Then over to the ball park and walked that loop a couple of times.

Continued walking over to the cemetery and my usual loops around 
it with a side trip over to see the cows.

Then halfway down the main road in town down a side road
and around here again.




Went a ways down the road toward home before turning around
and back to the Jeep.

A quiet morning and didn't see any one else out except for a
kid fishing at the pond.

The couple of Killdeers running around up at the cemetery made me laugh.  
They are so funny how they run around.  They can really move fast!!!


🥾    ☀️    🌷    🙂

Morning was spent in the house doing chores.
Washing Sheets and hanging out on line.
Some dusting and vacuuming and cleaning the half bath.

It was too nice to stay inside after lunch so I went outside.
 
Can't plant anything for a while yet but got my planters ready for plants.
Then went walking around Happy Trails again.
When I go walking around here I feel so thankful and can't
believe we live here in the woods on all this land.


Tried sitting on the porch to read but it was just a bit too chilly for that. 
Not chilly if working but it was to just sit.
So I went back inside to read. 

Thanks for visiting.
Happy Monday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone😊




Comment Replies:
John - Don't really give much thought to my previous blog posts.  Once in awhile I'll go back and check a date we did something when we can't remember when.  Before blogging I wrote in journals for years and years so I think that is why it is easy for me to write a blog post every day.  You and others will probably cringe when I say that last year I burned all my old journals. 

19 comments:

ellen b. said...

No sunshine here today or yesterday. Glad you could have a sunny walk. Have a great evening!

Tom said...

...we had a gorgeous spring day too.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your first photo is my favorite, it is a golden beauty!

William Kendall said...

I've only ever seen kildeer in the country.

Debby said...

You are like the town's photographer. Beautiful photos.

Ha on burning your old journals. While I didn't burn them, I threw mine in the garbage a couple of years ago.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I write in a journal AND blog. Sometimes, I think that maybe burning my old journals would be a good idea. They are mostly a whole lot of nothing - nothing that anyone would ever need to read. It is nice to have a day-by-day ongoing record of when things happened in our lives. My journals are mostly just everyday events. Not many deep thoughts. Ha - I guess that says a lot about me. ;-) I hope you have a great week.

Debi said...

We had a lovely day today too and the rest of the week is supposed to outstanding. I see yard work in my future! Have a great week!

Ruth Hiebert said...

The first picture with those gorgeous reflections is amazing. The warm colors are inviting.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You took some beautiful photos of your Spring there! It's been cooler here today and I can't wait to get out and walk tomorrow. Relax this evening and enjoy your book!

Hill Top Post said...

I love your village scene in the first picture. It could well be a scene on the tracks. Our days are warming up, but the winds of March are still blowing.

Ann said...

Sounds like a beautiful day. I would love to have a house on a wooded lot. I grew up with woods across the road from us and we often went on adventures through there.
Love the picture of the reflection in the pond.

Debbie said...

Hi Karen :)
That top picture reminds me of a scene from the When Calls The Heart series on Hallmark.

And reading your comment about burning your journals, I had recently read about someone doing that. I've definitely thrown many away, after pulling out some things I wanted to keep. But a day-to-day account has never really appealed to me, as far as journaling.

What I do think is that your photos should be in a book! You take such amazing photos!

Hootin Anni said...

A gorgeous day. I especially liked the symmetry of the fence line on your way to 'home'.

Susan said...

I am not a morning person, but I like the pictures you share of your morning walks in the country. I am a country girl at heart living in a big city. I need to get out walking again, but my knee is recovering from an injury, but doing better. Your post inspires me!

Vee said...

Okay, yes, I did cringe a bit over the burned journals. 🥴 Still, I can understand it.

It is supposed to be 78° by Friday! I can hardly believe it. Course, it won't last. I'll
be eager to see what your temps rise to.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wishing you happiness always.

God bless.

John's Island said...

Karen, Thank you so much for your reply. Oh my goodness, I did cringe ... you burned all your old journals? But why? Was it that you decided the past is over and there is no need to look back on it? If so, I can definitely understand that. On the other hand, the thing that initially got me started with journals was inheriting my grandmother's journals. She was like you and wrote every day. Reading the years when I was growing up was a fascination to me, especially since she often was daycare for me when my parents were busy working. So her entries would often be something like ... we took the bus into town and paid the electric bill and had lunch, etc. I know, it sounds silly, doesn't it? Anyway, thanks again for your replies! John PS Enjoyed all the photos in this post, especially the first one with the reflections ... cool!

Bill said...

Love he reflection in the pond, it's a beauty.

Lowcarb team member said...

What a fabulous first photograph ...

All the best Jan