Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, March 01, 2023

4 MPH


31 degrees and a frosty morning.


 There was a bit of a wind but it was sunny.
Sunrise 6:49
Walking Steps 12,582

Walked around both cemeteries, then over to the ball park.
Continued to the main road and over to the Dollar General.
Walked the road behind there and then back to the main road.

Coming back to the main part of town walking past the speed
sign made me laugh because it picked up my walking speed.
Didn't think it would do that for a person.


Walked back through town on the side street passed the
library and up and down some side streets.

Lisa was out walking and this time we were close enough to say hi.

Nice walking in the sunshine!!

☀️    🥾    🙂

Did my usual morning chores and then tackled washing some windows. 
 Got the living room windows all clean and sparkly even with
the sun shining through.

I received an email saying a DVD was waiting at the library
for me to pick up.
Wanted Ken to go and pick it up because I knew I would check
out more items!! 
But he was busy so I went.
I came home with season 8 of George Gently which is the last season.
As expected I checked out another DVD,
2 books, and bought one for 10 cents.
There are always a small amount of books in the library for sale.

Read, got a few more weave-its made and another row
sewn on the baby blanket, and knitted on the white blanket too.

Quite a few commented on Casselmans Market on yesterday's post.
Not a chain but a local Mennonite market and my favorite place
for food shopping.
Prices good and they have great meats and produce!!

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Wednesday and March Firsy
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🙂

It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade.
- Charles Dickens -

15 comments:

Tom said...

...you were walking a good clip.

William Kendall said...

I've never seen one of those signs do that. However, you're on the road and no sidewalk, and I can see it picking you up based on that.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen! Interesting that the speed indicator would show your walking speed. You walk at a good rate of speed! Casselmans Market sounds like a great place to shop. I love the sunrise picture at the beginning of this post. See you again tomorrow!

Mari said...

Oooh - it looks very cold! But what a pretty sunrise.
I would like to shop at Casslemans too!

ellen b. said...

Me and Dear are having a real good chuckle about that sign picking up your walking speed. I don't think I walk over 3 miles an hour.

Agnes CF Lee said...

Nice day to walk with sunshining with cool breeze..I haven't done much walking outdoor so far.

Hill Top Post said...

You were moving along at a nice clip, but no speeding ticket there. By the time I get to the top of the hill here, I don't think I am going 4 mph.

Granny Marigold said...

A beautiful sunrise on the first day of this month that will usher in Spring
( and Daylight Saving Time). Funny that the speed sign recorded your "speed".

Ann said...

That is too funny that the sign registered your speed. I didn't think it would do that for a person either.
Casselmans would definitely be my place to shop. I don't care much for big chain stores any more and prefer to shop local if I can.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Your sky shot is beautiful. It is a surprise the speed indicator picked up your walking speed. The market sounds like a great place to shop. Take care, have a great day!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How amazing that it picked up your walking speed. You walk a lot faster than me! lol Enjoy your day!

Bill said...

Glad you didn't get stopped for going 4 mph. :)

Happy@Home said...

I have never thought about those signs recording foot traffic. How interesting. Thankfully you don't have to worry about receiving a speeding ticket.
Those nice sunny days do have a way of giving us energy for cleaning jobs (like window washing). Feels so good to have shiny windows.

Ruta M. said...

Gosh you are a fast walker. I've never seen a sign that gives your speed before. Here they light up a big 30 if you are going over the 30mph speed limit coming into built up areas. Funny to see that you are watching George Gently as it's one of the series I record on Sky to watch on those nights when I can't sleep.

Hootin Anni said...

Lol ...didn't realize those signs recorded a walker speed!
Great photos again Karen