Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, March 06, 2023

The birds are back to chirping

 A walk in the sun this morning.
It was 28 degrees when I started and by the time my walk was done,
it was up to 40!!
Just a little bit of a breeze.
This was the first morning I heard all the birds chirping.
Such a cheery happy sound.
Sunrise 6:41
Walking Steps 12,905

Walked around both of the cemeteries and went down to 
see the 'girls' down by the barn.
The Drane house is down that way too.


Headed down the road to the ball park and walked around
the loop a couple of times.

Continued over to the laundromat to take the church flyer down
I put up for an event that is now over.
Someone had already taken it down.

From there I went back to the Jeep and retrieved a DVD and walked
to the library and dropped it down the book drop.

Finished up my walk going up and down the main road and the side streets.

Didn't any people except in vehicles.

🌤    🥾    🙂

Ken had no trouble replacing the hose on the tractor and it is
now in working order once again.
That saved a lot of waiting time and money too.

Wanted to let you all know that Bettye is now in her own home
once again and very happy to be there.
Her daughter will be staying with her for awhile.
Thanks again for all your prayers.

While our power was out over the weekend I put some candles
in a couple old gravy boats to use as candle holders.
They worked out great.


Now I'm keeping them here for the next time.
Hopefully then there won't be a next time.


Nice day for getting the sheets washed and hung out on the line.

Got started on my weekly house cleaning.

This afternoon I did some reading and knitting.
I am working on three different knitting projects.
A blanket, a pillow, and slippers.
It is handy to keep each project in a basket so can take it with me
wherever I decide to knit.


Supper tonight was small rigatoni with sauce and garlic bread.

Thanks for popping in for a visit.
Happy Monday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🙂

Comment Replies: 
Deb - You asked where people work around here. There are the local stores and businesses and schools.  There is the county college 10 miles away and a hospital in Oakland (22 miles away).  I guess Morgantown, WV is the biggest town and people  commute there.  A collage is there and another hospital.

18 comments:

William Kendall said...

The girls are waiting on spring.

Tom said...

...I see that it's mudseason down on the farm.

Visits With Mary said...

Enjoyed visiting today! The gravy boats made very pretty candle holders, great idea.

Mari said...

I always enjoy seeing the Drane house.
Glad the tractor is working well and so good to hear Bettye is home.
The gravy bowl candles are very pretty!

Debbie said...

You're still having quite the cold weather! We've been up to 80 this week, here in Texas. I really like the idea of each of your knitting projects having their own basket. I've got a project to work on, but need a tutorial, which I always forget to look up, until it's the evening and I want to work on the project. Then I remember that I need the tutorial! So I just keep putting it off :)

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I love the creative use of the gravy boats as candle holders! So glad your power is back on. I am sure learning a lot about your area. It sounds like such a lovely place to live, it is no wonder that people are moving there. See you again tomorrow.

Agnes CF Lee said...

those are nice gravy boats, very suitable as candle holders as well. I like the way you organise your knittin projects.

Granny Marigold said...

Spring must be on the way because I saw a Robin and I also heard a Song Sparrow singing. I meant to wash sheets today but somehow forgot. I'll do that tomorrow.

ellen b. said...

Job well done on that tractor. Must have been a relief to be able to fix it yourselves economically. Great idea for candle holders. Glad you have power back!

Hill Top Post said...

The birds here were singing happy spring time songs. And the frogs to. Our temperature today reached 80 degrees. I definitely didn’t need a coat. I like your organization for each knitting project.

Hootin Anni said...

Loving the idea of gravy boat candles...makes a charming display!!
The cows look pleased to see you this morning!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I often wondered why they call them gravy boats.

God bless.

Ann said...

The gravy boats were a great idea for the candles.
Sounds like a nice day there yesterday. We had rain that turned to snow.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The project baskets are a great idea. I made a couple of small boxes for journal projects this week. I hope that helps me stay focused! Enjoy your day!

Bill said...

Glad to hear that Bettye is back home and is doing better.

Happy@Home said...

Always nice to hear the birds chirping. Spring can't be far behind.
Gravy boats as candle holders... I'll have to remember that as they look very pretty.
So happy to hear that Bettye is home again.

Debi said...

So glad the tractor is fixed and working again. It's nice to have a handy husband, isn't it? Looks like you are in mud season. Glad Bettye is back home. Enjoy the rest of your week!

Lowcarb team member said...

So pleased that Bettye is now in her own home.

All the best Jan