Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, March 07, 2023

Basket of Tea Towels

 

35 degrees and a misty foggy wet morning walk and windy at times.
Sunrise 6:40
Walking Steps 12,509

Walked down to the ball park loop and walked around there first 
and then back to the pond.
Continued up and down the main road in town and the side streets too.
Lastly walked around both of the cemeteries.


Looks like they are about to cut down this last section of trees.


Seemed to be extra quiet around town this morning.
No people about and didn't even see Phil, the WiggleMan.

☁️    🌫    🥾    🙂

This week we went shopping at the Stop and Shop.
We get different things from the different places we shop
so that's why we don't go to the same food stores.
Going once a week we don't need to get all that much.
We are great stocker uppers too and our panty is usually nice and full.

I read all about tea towels over at Jan's Blog
and because of that decided to put all my tea towels in a basket
and set them out.
Very handy to just grab one out of the basket and don't have
to take up drawer space with them.


This morning we had snow showers but by afternoon all the bad
weather was gone and we saw the sun.
It did stay cold and the wind is back again.

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Tuesday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🙂

17 comments:

Tom said...

...I love your foggy images!

Debby said...

As always your photos are beautiful. I buy certain items from several different stores as well.

susan q said...

I love the fog pics, too♥ Creative towel idea, Karen.

Deb J. in Utah said...

That is such a cute way to store your tea towels. I love this idea. We buy different things from different stores as well. It's good that you have several different store to choose from. We tend to stock up on things too - sometimes a little too much. ;-)

Granny Marigold said...

The way you've rolled your tea towels and put them in a nice basket is so pretty!! We shop at a few different stores too but mainly it depends who has the best sales on any given week.

Agnes CF Lee said...

the cemeteries is very near to the road side though..you took a very nice picture of the foggy scene. I like the way you keep the tea towel, will do that as well, at the moment they are staking up on each other.

Hootin Anni said...

I like the idea of the rolled towels in a basket!
I also ❤️ fog!

Ann said...

Love your pictures with the fog.
Neat idea with the tea towels.

Vee said...

Your basket of tea towels is very cheery!

Debi said...

A nice walk this morning. Love your basket of tea towels.

ellen b. said...

That is a fun idea for tea towels. It's nice to have a full pantry.

Bill said...

Nice fog photos, they are very pretty.

Michelle said...

I like the foggy photos. Our cold weather is back, but I am okay with that! lol

Jeanette said...

Great idea using a basket for the tea towels! Mine are in a plastic container on a shelf in my pantry.

Lowcarb team member said...

I like your foggy photographs.

Love how you've sorted your tea towels.
Many thanks for the link back to the low carb diabetic blog.

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

The fog appeals to me.

Connie said...

Your tea towels look lovely all rolled up in the basket. We are suppose to get snow again too and I just discovered a place in my ceiling where the roof is leaking . . . the roofers are all backed up and I'm praying that I don't have anymore damage before they get to me. We had a new roof put on in 2015 so I'm very surprised, probably from wind damage, we have had some strong winds this winter.