Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, March 16, 2023

Outside Walking

28 degrees and calm this morning when I walked.
It was dark but clear and once the sun rose it was sunny. 
Sunrise 7:26
Walking Steps 12,750

The moon looks like it is full in this picture but it really is 
more like a quarter size.


Walked up and down the streets in town under the street lights
till it was light.
Then walked around both the cemeteries.

The sky was purple as I walked up to the cemetery.


Thought I'd see a few people out walking since the weather was
finally nice but didn't see anyone.

A few icicles hanging around.


The road out to the new barn has gravel on it now so its
not a mud pit anymore.
I'm heading back from the barn here and the
cemetery is up on the left.


Sure was nice to be outside walking again after 5 days of 
inside walking!!

On the way back home I saw at least 11 deer altogether in a
field near my house.

🥾    🙂    🌤    ☘️

Home for breakfast and then left soon afterwards for church.
It was Baby Blanket day.
Ken had to go to the church to fix the cutter that we use
for Fingerprints so we went together.
The cutter needed some adjustments so he took care of that
while I was working on the blankets.
Today there were 8 of us working on the blankets.

Mid afternoon David and Liz came by after work for a visit.
We had a nice visit and ate DiGiornos Supreme pizza that we
picked up at the Dollar General on the way home from the church for supper.
We were going to play a game but we talked too much and
never got around to it. 

That's it for today.
Thanks for visiting.
Happy Thursday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🙂

Comment Replies:
Debbie - Yes, we finished watching George Gently a week or so ago. A sad ending but a good series!!

17 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Sounds like a really nice day. So glad you were able to get back outside and walk. So nice that David and Liz came by for a visit. See you again tomorrow!

Tom said...

...the purple sky is gorgeous.

Granny Marigold said...

Great pictures of the moon also the icicles. Seeing all those deer must have been a sight!!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow, those are some icicles! You had a very productive day.

Hootin Anni said...

I'm with Tom...beautiful purple sky!! You-all had a productive day & great company.

Debbie said...

Karen, we couldn't get over the ending and were so hoping a spin-off series would start, but I don't think that happened. (Talking about George Gently).

I'm always so amazed at how beautiful your pictures are! I bet it felt so nice walking outside :)

Mari said...

What a nice day! Your photos are especially pretty today. I like the purple sky and the icicles.
I know you enjoyed the time with David and Liz!

Rose said...

I bet it felt wonderful to be able to walk outside! And so much beauty to see as the day awoke.

Ann said...

That purple sky is pretty.

William Kendall said...

That dawn sky is a marvel.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love your sky images, the moon and the purple sky are beautiful.
It is great to be outside walking again. It has been awhile since I have seen any deer here. Take care, have a happy weekend.

Bill said...

Sounds like a very nice morning to walk. Love the sky shot.

ellen b. said...

I guess I was behind with my comment on your other post. I'm behind this week altogether. The sky photos are so beautiful. Glad you could walk outside. Fun icicle shot! Glad you could have a nice visit...

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Nice fresh morning walk

Melanie said...

How pleasant to see the sun coming up as you walk! I'm not a fan of DST. I like it more light earlier in the morning but there must be something for the peace of early morning walks. Thumbs up on the Di Giorno pizza! My favorite is Supreme and I like the stuffed crust. Have a lovely weekend.

Henny Penny said...

You take the best pictures! Those icicles are amazing. I am so ready for warmer weather especially warmer weather that comes to stay a while.

Lowcarb team member said...

Beautiful photographs, especially the first two.

All the best Jan