Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Ken makes supper

 It rained during the night but had stopped by walking time.
42 degrees, cloudy, and very windy.
sunrise 6:50
Walking Steps 12,606

First went to the library and dropped a DVD down the slot.
Continued over to the ball park and then had a very random
walk all over town, eventually ending up at the cemeteries.

Didn't see anyone else out this morning.
About the last mile or so a light mist starting falling but I only got a bit damp.

Getting back to the Jeep I realized I didn't take any pictures,
so walked down the road to the cemetery a little ways, turned
around and took this picture.


Driving home it rained harder.  
Once again the rain left a little opening for my walk.

☁️    🥾    🌧    🙂

This Tuesday we went to Grantvsille to Casslemans Market for food shopping.
Don't know if they just put up the pictures and shelves with these items on them    or I just noticed them for the first time today.
Don't know how I could have missed them!!



Finished up the weekly housework for the week and now just
have the every day chores to do each day.

This afternoon I
Baked a cake
Read
Sewed squares on March's baby blanket
(half finished)
Knitted

Ken made supper tonight.
Steamed vegetables and sweet and sour sauce with chicken on top.
Yummy


Thanks for visiting.
Happy Tuesday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🙂

Comment Replies:
Mary and Aritha - They are Canadian Geese at the pond.

18 comments:

Mari said...

Kens dinner looks very good! I like the display at Casslemans.

Tom said...

...with the small plastic containers, Casslemans Market look like a Mennonite store.

Vee said...

A husband who cooks is a keeper.

Looks as if The Lord is supporting you in your walking outside. ☺️

Debby said...

What a cute store. It looks old-fashion. We don't have a Casslemans Market. I looked it up.

Dinner looks good. I'll be right over...

William Kendall said...

That dinner sounds good.

ellen b. said...

That's a good looking supper that Ken made. Glad you had a nice window to walk in. I like the look of Casslemans.

Ginny Hartzler said...

This looks like a lovely market. Is it a chain, or the only one of it's kind?

Deb J. in Utah said...

Ken's dinner looks delicious! Those historic photos on the wall at Casslemans are so interesting. I'm glad that the rain held off so you could have your walk. See you again tomorrow.

Hootin Anni said...

You live a charmed life...walking and having a break in the storm!! Dinner looks delicious...must be nice to have a hubby cook If Bud were to cook, we'd have pbj.

Ann said...

Nice that the rain holds off for your walks.
That looks like a store that I would like to shop in. Love the old pictures and the antiques on the top shelf.
Ken did good on dinner. That looks delicious.

eileeninmd said...

Pretty scene from your walk. The store pictures are interesting.
Ken's dinner looks delicious. Take care, have a great day!

Agnes CF Lee said...

with a hubby can and willing to cook is a bonus :DD..supper looks delicious.

Aritha V. said...

Great to hear that you went back to take a photo, Karen. And thank you for letting me know that they were Canadian geese - that's really interesting. The food looks delicious! I hope you have a sunny day today and tomorrow, just like we have here.

Yes, it is Maart now (March).

Connie said...

My Steve loved to cook and was very good at it . . . I miss the flavorful dishes that he would create. I just can't seem to match the ratio of spices he used. Oh, what I'd give to walk into the house and smell his chicken gumbo on the stove :) That market looks like a sweet place to roam around and shop. They have created a very homey and cozy atmosphere.

Granny Marigold said...

Those steamed vegetables coated with S&S sauce look so tasty. I'm making up my weekly shopping list and I think I'll make sure to put fresh veg. on it and make something similar to what Ken made.

Bill said...

Ken's meal looks delicious.

Michelle said...

Ken's dinner looks very good!

Lowcarb team member said...

The meal Ken cooked looks delicious.

All the best Jan