Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Mystery Book

 35 degrees this morning and calm when I started walking.
Saw a pretty sunrise while walking around the cemetery up on the hill.


Even saw a rainbow, which I haven't seen around here in a long time.
Only lasted a couple of minutes and though I did take a picture
it didn't come out good.

Soon after a light drizzle started falling and that stayed around
for the rest of my walk.

I walked around both of the cemeteries, the ball park, and around town.

Saw Rebecca out walking and she told me she saw a robin this morning.
That's a good sign - spring is not far behind.

There were a couple of geese out on the town pond.


Sunrise 7:00
Walking Steps 12,665

☁️    ๐Ÿฅพ    ๐Ÿ™‚    ๐ŸŒง

Oatmeal for breakfast again and then off we went to the Shop and Save
to get the weekly groceries.
Went out again at 11:00 to the library.
Picked up another DVD and the book I have to read for my book club,
Surviving Savanah by Patti Callahan.
I also picked out one of these gift wrapped books.
They are labeled romance, mystery, or whatever, adult or children
You choose a book to read and your name gets put in for a drawing to
win a gift card.
Didn't ask what the gift card was for and can't read it on the sign.
Will find out next time I go.


I chose one that said adult fantasy just because it was different
from the usual books I read.
When I got home I unwrapped the book and found it to be
Nettle & Bone by T. Kingfisher, who I am not familiar with.


I figured out how to sew the baby sweater together.
It turned out okay but looks homemade to me.
Saving the picture for tomorrows post.

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Tuesday
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณhappyone๐Ÿ˜Š

Let my soul smile through my heart and my heart smile through my eyes, 
that I may scatter rich smiles in sad hearts.
- Paramahansa Yogananda -

22 comments:

Tom said...

...what a lovely start to your day.

Debby said...

A nice gift of a book is always welcome.

Vee said...

What a fun way to get people interested in reading ๐Ÿ“–.

Robins are delightful harbingers of spring...can't be too far off now.

Have a pleasant evening.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. That's a fun thing that your library does. I think one of our library's did something similar for children a few years back. I am using the library a lot more, but I usually have a specific book in mind when I go to the library. It's nice that you saw a robin today. No robins here - we are having a major snowstorm tonight and tomorrow.

William Kendall said...

It's been a long while since I've seen a rainbow here.

Mari said...

Wow - you had a beautiful morning today!
I love what the library did and I hope you enjoy the book.

ellen b. said...

That sunrise is really something spectacular. Glad you could see it and a rainbow, too.

Nellie said...

We have already seen several robins in our yard here, and I spied some little green shoots that will hopefully bring some blooms in a few weeks. The neighbors have daffodils in bloom already!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I believe I may have read some really good reviews on this book. I love your first sunrise shot. The sunrise makes a pink line down the middle of the road!

Hill Top Post said...

What a beautiful sunrise picture. I admire you so much for being out there to capture it.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Enjoy the mystery book.

God bless.

Ann said...

That's a fun idea they had at the library.
That sure is a pretty sunrise.

Hootin Anni said...

...and the baby sweater shouldn't look handmade? I bet it's darling!!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Your sunrise photo is beautiful. The gift wrapped books is interesting, I would choose the mystery genre. I hope you enjoy your book. Love the smiling quote. Take care, have a great day!

Happy@Home said...

That's a fun idea your library has.
I hope you enjoy the book.

Inger said...

The baby won't care if the sweater looks homemade, it will just keep the baby warm. Love to read about your walks and all those steps! An inspiration.

Jeanette said...

Beautiful first picture! I haven't seen a robin yet but I am starting to look! So anticipating spring weather!

Henny Penny said...

The sky picture is so pretty! Sure feels like spring here. We've seen a fat Robin eating Holly berries.

Bill said...

A gorgeous sunrise, nice way to begin your day.

Debbie said...

Yikes! That was a risky choice :) Never know what you might come home with :) (The type of book, that is...)

Lowcarb team member said...

Oh my, that is a pretty sunrise ...

All the best Jan

Granny Marigold said...

What an interesting way your library has of encouraging people to read. Not that you need encouraging. You amaze me with all the books you get through. I hope the mystery book is enjoyable.