Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Knitting

 35 degrees again this morning when I went walking.
Started out cloudy, half way through my walk it started drizzling
and driving home it rained.
Sunrise 6:59
Walking Steps 12,814

Saw 5 deer as I was driving to town.
All five crossed the road (not a busy road) in a line.

Started out walking up and down the main street through town.
Next both of the cemeteries and then around the ball park.
Back through town and up and down the side streets and back
to the Jeep.
Was a bit damp walking in the drizzle.

Clouds not colorful but thought they looked pretty interesting.



Didn't see any one else out walking.
Just me.

☁️    🥾    🌧    😊

Here is the picture of the finished boat-neck baby sweater
and I finished the hat today too.


Aren't these two of the cutest babies ever
modeling the sweater and hat.



I'll be putting the pattern and pictures up on my Made by Happy K blog
soon, so if you'd like the pattern it will there.

Now just have to knit the little slippers.

Put chicken in the slow cooker this morning and shredded it and
we had chicken burritos for supper.
In the past I used 2 forks to shred the chicken and it takes a while.
I read on Mari's Blog an easy way to shred chicken is with an electric mixer.
I tried it and it with my hand held mixer and worked like a charm!!
it literately only takes ones minute!!
What a great tip.
 
THANK YOU Mari.

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Wednesday to you.
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🙂

21 comments:

Tom said...

...that baby has more hair than I have, I need a hat!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I ready Mari's blog too. She has wonderful recipes and tips. I love the color of that baby sweater and hat. So cute! You did a great job! Remind who this is for? A family member or someone from church? We have over a foot of snow on the ground here today, so school went remote and Charly and I have been home and hunkered down in the house. See you again tomorrow!

William Kendall said...

Your knitting is quite productive

Lowcarb team member said...

The baby sweater and hat look nice.

All the best Jan

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Your walk sounds wonderful! My walk this morning was at 12 degrees, windy, sunshine, blustery, but beautiful! I like the tip about shredding chicken with the beaters, so much easier, I do agree! Chicken burritos are always a delicious meal! I made a beef vegetable soup tonight, as it is so cold here, thanks to Winter Storm Olive... Blessings to you!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I believe these may be Stratus clouds. The sweater set is adorable!

Vee said...

Yes, they are adorable babies. The sweater and hat came out so cute. Love the color, too.

Great tip about shredding chicken. Hope that I remember it.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful clouds photos.

God bless.

Ann said...

What a sweet sweater and hat set and yes those baby models are adorable.

eileeninmd said...

I always enjoy checking out the clouds and sky. Love the cute sweater and hat set, adorable photos. Take care, have a great day!

Debbie said...

The sweater and hat are adorable!! I would love to see my babies in those :)

And what a treat to see so many deer. I know those of us who don't get to see deer too often, seem to love them, but I know they can be a nuisance to people with flowers and gardens. But just like the squirrels, I enjoy watching the animals in the back yard more than I do growing plants :)

Hootin Anni said...

I remember Mari's tip.
And, that sweater is absolutely adorable. ( So Are The babes).

Bill said...

The baby sweater an hat are beautiful. Nice work.

Michelle said...

I admire your talent in making the sweater/hat combo. They turned out great!

Debi said...

I've made several of those baby hats and they are so easy! It's a good pattern for a beginning knitter. I love the color of your hat and sweater set, so pretty.

Visits With Mary said...

Mr D and I would love your chicken burritos, our kind of meal. The sweater you made is so cute and the model is even cuter ;).

ellen b. said...

I'll have to try that hand mixer method to shred chicken. I love the color of the sweater and hat you knitted. I think it's very cute, too.

Hill Top Post said...

I love the little sweater and hat; wish I had one in my size. Thanks for the tip on shredding chicken.

Jeanette said...

Love the beautiful mint green color of the sweater and hat!

Melanie said...

The sweater and cap are adorable! I really like the green color.

Mari said...

I found it! I completely missed this post.
Those are such cute babies and are great models for you adorable sweater and cap.