Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, February 24, 2023

Little slippers

 

31 degrees (what a difference from yesterday) with a mix 
of sun and clouds and at times some gusty winds.
Sunrise 6:56
Walking Steps 12,564

Walked around both cemeteries and the ball park first which
are all on the road to the left of the main one.
Continued on to the road behind my old house in town and then 
back over to the pond.
From there I walked down the road off to the right of the main
one past the library and came back up the main road.
Still had a 1/2 mile to walk so went around the lower 
cemetery one more time.

Saw Lisa out walking and we stopped for a bit to talk.

I was happy to have spotted these first little blooms.



I'll be watching a couple more houses being built in town.
There were some men doing work on the cleared lot and I asked
what was going to happen on the land.
They said a couple of houses were going to be built.
In town houses have to be on at least 1/2 acre lots.
Suppose there will be two houses facing the road to the right.
It'll be fun watching them get built.
Wonder how long it will take?!


☁️    🥾    😊    🌤

Finished the other little baby slipper.
Aren't they the cutest little things!!


All three baby items.


The baby I knitted these things for is due March 8,
but just got news that the baby girl decided to come today.
No details yet though.

Finished up some house cleaning and then read.

Friday and supper tonight was homemade pizza.😀🍕

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Friday
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone 🙂

Comment Replies:
Anni - I usually have a planned route in mind when I start out walking BUT rarely stick to it.  I walk all over and just go where my feet take me.  I get easily side tracked.  Another reason I like walking alone. :)

Anges - If you click on the page WALKING ? under the header it will answer all your walking questions.

Ellen - Yes, I have read the Hobbit and the 3 Lord of the Ring books too.

HillTop - Yes, read the Harry Potter books.

Debby - Yes, we watched the original Mary Poppins movie.  I thought Dick Van Dyke was great in it despite his bad cockney accent. :)

17 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Awwww, those slippers are so precious. (I too like walking alone).

Hope a pic of newborn appears here with your sweater set.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. That baby outfit is so darling. I especially like the little booties. So sweet! I love the flowers. No flowers around here yet. We are still digging out from over 17 inches of snow! It looks like your town is growing with those new homes being built. I can sure understand why someone would want to live there. It is such a great little town! See you again tomorrow!

William Kendall said...

The baby slippers are cute.

Tom said...

...your town is having a building boom!

Jeanette said...

Aww! Those slippers are adorable and the whole outfit is so pretty! Congratulations to the new parents!

Agnes CF Lee said...

thanks, have clicked on the Walking. Those are a lot of coins you have collected thru walking..me too do not like to listen to music while walking even in the fenced up park, I prefer to be alert and hear what's happening around me.

eileeninmd said...

Pretty sky photo. The baby outfit is cute, the slippers are adorable.
It will be interesting watching the new houses being built. Take care, have a great weekend.

Ann said...

We had snow here yesterday. No accumulation though which works for me.
The baby slippers are so cute.
Always love those first flowers of spring. Such a welcome sight.

Debbie said...

Karen, the baby booties are adorable! The entire ensemble will be so sweet together. I can't believe how beautiful your pictures from yesterday were! The sky was amazing. We are still watching George Gently and it's getting deep. Have a wonderful weekend!

Bill said...

The baby outfit and slippers are very cute.

Vee said...

That's a sweet little set. How nice that Baby Girl put in a surprise appearance. I always think arriving early is preferable to arriving late. ☺️

It will be fun for you and us to watch the houses being built.

Sandy said...

Good walking, and what a bonus to know be able to see some flowers popping up. Hope the weather continues to warm up, makes walking so much more pleasant. Cute little green baby goodies. Congrats to the family.

ellen b. said...

Such a sweet ensemble for wee baby. Love the color. The slippers are so cute. Congrats to the safe arrival of baby girl. That's nice that city lots are 1/2 acre. Happy Saturday to you.

Visits With Mary said...

YES, the little slipper are the cutest little things. Hope you're enjoying a great weekend.

Aritha V. said...

They are so cute and I love the color. Hope all is well wit the little baby. Ja, the foorst flowers. i love your yellow flowers. They are new for me.

Granny Marigold said...

The slippers ( and the entire ensemble ) are so cute. I hope the Mom and baby are fine in spite of her being born 10 days early.
I wonder if those yellow flowers are winter aconites?

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the baby slippers, in fact I like all three baby items.
Hope all is well with the new mum and baby.

All the best Jan