Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, February 23, 2023

Changing skies


 When I walked this morning it was a mild 54 degrees!!
There was a mix of sun and clouds during my walk.
Nice to have a bit of a wind to keep me cool.
Sunrise 6:58
Walking Steps 12,807

Walked around the cemetery on the hill and then the ball park.
Back through town and then around the other cemetery.
Then walked the other side of the main road where the library is.

Saw Rebecca walking at a distance and Joy at a distance too
but they didn't see me.

Changeable sky this morning.
From this


to this


and finally this.


Saw deer again today and a few rabbits and
geese in pairs along the edge of the pond.

Someone had a big pile of brush burning on the plot of land in
town that was being cleared in the last week or so.


☁️    🌤    🥾    🙂

We watched the movie Mary Poppins last night and really enjoyed it.
It is so much better than the book, and I don't think I've ever
said that before!!!

Just did the routine house chores and then I knitted again.
Got one of the tiny slippers done and half of the second one.
They are the cutest little things.
It is the same green color as the hat and sweater.
Will post a picture of them tomorrow when I've finished with both.

Enjoying reading the fantasy book I picked from the library
that was gift wrapped.
Though I don't usually read fantasy I may read more from now on.

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Thursday 
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🙂

Fantasy, if it's really convincing, can't become dated, 
for the simple reason that it represents a flight into a dimension 
that lies beyond the reach of time.
- Walt Disney -

Comment Replies:
Deb - baby knits are for a friends baby due March 8.

18 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Curious on your daily walking (in town)...do you have a plan or do you walk at random?

Tom said...

...you enjoyed some beautiful skies, we have overcast skies all day.

Granny Marigold said...

Beautiful pictures both Bl & Wh and colour. With a North wind creating windchills of minus 15 we opted to stay inside this morning.

Hill Top Post said...

I love your sky pictures today. I used to never read fantasy but am now giving it another chance, even the Harry Potter books that I thought I would never read. Have you read them?

Mari said...

Such a beautiful walk today! Those skies were gorgeous.
We liked the Mary Poppins movie too. :)
I don't usually read fantasy either, but maybe I should check one out.

Debby said...

That color photo of the field is gorgeous! I want to move to your town! It's breathtaking.

My mom took me and my sister to see Mary Poppins at San Francisco's Fox Theatre back when it came out. 1963 or 64. I remember we stood in a very long line - and yes we loved it. Then that Christmas I received the soundtrack album. I still have it. I bought the movie when it was on a video cassette. In fact, I collected many Disney movies back then when my boys were young.

Unless you are talking about a new Mary Poppins movie that I know nothing about? I know that they are remaking many of the old movies to be more up with the times so that young people can relate. I don't care for remakes...I usually just ignore them. I like the original the best!

Take Care and God bless.

Vee said...

I've seen the movie Mary Poppins several times beginning as a child at The Empire Theater in the city. It was owned by our neighbors' parents so we sometimes received complimentary tickets. Have never read the book and I'll take your word for it that I don't have to. 🤓

ellen b. said...

Those skies really did change. Have you ever read The Hobbit?

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your third photo is my favorite, it is gorgeous!

William Kendall said...

What a lovely change in skies.

Ann said...

That third picture down is stunning. So pretty.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Some dark skies there. Rain is on the way.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Yesterday was really mild here, in the 60's. Love your sky images.
I am glad you are enjoying the book, I have not read many fantasy books.
Unless you count Harry Potter, I did read all of them years ago.
Take care, have a great weekend.

Agnes CF Lee said...

more than 10k steps is a long walk. How long it takes ? Walking is a very healthy exercise.

Jeanette said...

Those were some blustery looking skies at first! I don't usually read fantasy books but maybe should give one a try!

MELODY JACOB said...

The photos of the skies are lovely.
New post: https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/02/best-shampoo-for-dandruff.html

Bill said...

Nice captures of the changing skies. #3 is my favorite.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely to see your sky photographs.

All the best Jan