Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, February 10, 2023

Friday

 When I went walking this morning it was 37 degrees and cloudy.
Very windy too - the kind that made me take a step backward when
walking against the wind and pushing me ahead when walking with it.
It always make me laugh when it pushes me.
Sunrise 7:14
Walking Steps 12456

Not a very colorful sky this morning but thought it was pretty
how some of the clouds were outlined in pink.


Had my usual walk of up and down the main street, side streets,
both cemeteries and the ball park loop.

Nice to see some geese around at the pond again.


A little more progress with the bank drive thru.
Painted white and the lines added.


There's a small plot of land that is getting cleared.
Will be interesting to see what happens with it.



Saw Joy again this morning but this time she was in the car.

☁️    ๐Ÿฅพ    ๐Ÿ’จ    ๐Ÿ™‚

Here it is Friday already and another week flown by.

Today I read Mary Poppins by P L Travers.
I must say I didn't like it and won't be reading the rest of the books.
The book was just too silly with one fantasy after another.
Very young kids would like it.
Now I have to watch the movie to see!

I finished knitting the front and back of the baby sweater
and have started on the sleeves.
My mother always said to knit the two sleeves at the same
time so they will be the exact same size.


David and Liz are coming by for a visit and a pizza supper.
Not homemade this time.
Digiornos Supreme which is pretty good too.
They should be here soon so off I go.

That's it for today,
Thanks for visiting.
Happy Friday
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณhappyone๐Ÿ™‚

Comment Replies:
Ginny - Anyone can recommend a book to read at the book club and then we all choice a few from the list and Judy checks to see how many books are available that we can check out.

Debbie - We live a little over 2 miles from town. It is not that I would get tired of walking to town each time we needed to go there but it would just take up too much time.  

Hi Shirley and thanks for stopping by, If you click on Walking? under the header it should answer all your walking questions.

18 comments:

Tom said...

...that touch of pink in the morning sky was beautiful.

Michelle said...

That is a beautiful sky. My small town bank drive thru is now a "self serve" type of thing with a person on a computer screen. I don't like it! lol

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my gosh, your first shot of the pink lined clouds is gorgeous! I have never seen a sky like this!! And I love the soft green color of the sweater, it will be so cute! Nice handicapped spots. Don't get me started on people parking in handicapped spots who should NOT!

Debby said...

Pretty sunrise with the pink.

Ann said...

That is a pretty sky.
Knitting is something I never could quite get the hang of.

Hill Top Post said...

That’s a nice piece of land with a great view that’s being cleaned up. I am beginning to see signs of spring too, but I can’t allow myself to get the fever just yet. I love the Jeep truck in yesterday’s post, and it’s in your color.

Latane Barton said...

Yes, that is a beautiful sky! Have a great weekend.

William Kendall said...

I had Canadian pizza from a local shop- pepperoni with bacon and mushrooms.

Mari said...

It's interesting how your weather so often is the same as ours. Our sky looked very similar this evening and I remarked to Bob how pretty the clouds looked with that pink.

Shirley in Washington said...

Thank you for letting me know where I read more about your walking. I was walking around a local lake today and stopped to talk to a young man that I see quite often walking. He told me he walks 15 miles a day!! It takes him about 3 hours. Blessings, Shirley

Vee said...

That is a good tip from your mother. I've never heard it before. Always nice to share a pizza with people you love. ๐Ÿ•

Granny Marigold said...

Sometimes the sky in the early morning is just breathtakingly beautiful. Aren't we blessed to be out there to see it!!!
The baby sweater is the prettiest green colour!!

Hootin Anni said...

The pink in the sky is like the world is lined in cotton candy!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The sky capture is beautiful. I like seeing the geese.
The baby sweater is a pretty green color.
Have a great weekend!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Your mom gave you good advice about the sweater sleeves. I love the color of the yarn. That will be a beautiful sweater. So glad you could get together with David and Liz. I am curious to know what book your book club is reading next. I hope you have a good Saturday. See you again soon!

Bill said...

We had a veggie pizza last night for supper. The sky is very pretty.

Kim said...

Love the tinges of pink in the sky. We had pizza, too. Glad the birds are returning. Spring is on the way!

Visits With Mary said...

I think the color you chose for the baby sweater is so pretty, a very calming color. In my younger banking years I worked the drive in window at our bank for a few years. I was glad when they moved me inside where I could be with the other employees. The drive in was lonely unless it was busy.