Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, February 09, 2023

Book Club

 39 degrees this morning when walking,
calm and cloudy.
Sunrise 7:16
Walking Steps 12582


Walked up and down the main street in town and the side streets too.
Two times each around both cemeteries and the ball park loop.

Joy was out walking again.

Snapped this photo of the Jeep Willy that Ken would love to have,
but at $53,000 he will have to keep admiring from afar.


There are 3 geese pretty well hidden in the field.


Look what I spotted in someones garden.
I think they are future daffodils.
A bit early to be seeing them around here!!


The town pond has melted again.
I have never seen the pond freeze and melt so many times in a winter before.

☁️    🥾    🙂

Just had 20 pages left of my book to read and easily finished that
before heading out to my book club meeting at 11:15.
There were only 5 of us there but it was a good time.
I was the only one that had finished the book and had read
all three of them.
One person didn't finish the book because she didn't like it at all.
Three others thought it was okay and one other liked it and all
said they would finish reading the book.
I told them they should read the first book.
Anyway we had a good discussion about the book and then we sat
around and talked a while.
I had a delightful time and glad I decided to start going again.

Don't know what next months book choice is yet.
We picked a few and Judy will be checking to see what is
available and email us with the book to read.

Got another weave-it row finished and sewn.
Just three more rows to do. (21 squares)

We had the soup and dill bread again for supper.
Nice I did't have to cook.

Thanks for visiting.
Hope your Thursday was a good one.
happyone

Comment Replies:
Vee - Ken said he likes the hutch the color it is and I should leave it alone.

Carol - Yes, I wash the FiestaWare by hand as I do all my dishes because I don't have a dish washer.

Many people, myself among them, feel better at the mere sight of a book.
– Jane Smiley -

20 comments:

Tom said...

...$53,000? Our first house and 15 acres was $40,000!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I wonder how she chooses the books. I see the geese! They look like Canada Geese.

Mari said...

Beautiful sunrise again!
I see the geese and the daffodils too.
Things around here have been melting again too - we get a huge snow storm and then it melts again.
I love the quote!

William Kendall said...

A beautiful first shot.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I love the quote at the end and completely agree with it. Book clubs can be nice. So glad you had a nice experience at the one you are part of. See you again tomorrow. :-)

Vee said...

Wow! That's a lot of money! About what I bought my wee haven for thirty years ago.

Oh I like Ken's response. 😁

Visits With Mary said...

WoW, that's a lot of money for a vehicle! Every thing is high these days.

Granny Marigold said...

I'm amazed that those bulbs are poking their first leaves up already. That's quite a lot of them and should make a beautiful display in a month or so.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I found the geese. At last.

God bless.

Ann said...

I'm always blown away by the prices of vehicles.
I spotted the geese in the field but it wasn't easy :)

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful sky shot! All vehicles seem to cost a lot more lately.
Take care, have a great weekend!

Debbie said...

Karen, a book club sounds like fun! And I'm curious...do you walk to town when you have events to go to? Or are you tired of walking and take the car? I've always wanted to live in a little town where we could walk everywhere.

Hootin Anni said...

Yes, I would have to admire the jeep from afar!! Actually, at a GREAT distance!!

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Beauriful sunrise. Jeeps are even more expencive here

ellen b. said...

That's over 10,000 for each tire. :) Glad you had a good time with your book club. Pretty sunrise and what a sweet promise of new growth peeking up out of the earth!

LC said...

Found the geese only because I enlarged the photo. The closest I have gotten to a bookclub is a women's Bible study group I have been in for three years or more.

Shirley in Washington said...

Hello! I am a new reader to your blog and I'm enjoying reading your posts and the quotes you share. I'm wondering about your walking and had a few questions for you. It's amazing how many steps you get in a day! How long have you been walking? Did you gradually build up to this level of walking? I walk almost everyday 2-3 miles but would like to increase that. How long does it take you to do your daily walk? Thank you, Shirley

Bill said...

The prices for vehicles has definitely got more expensive. Love the first photo, it's beautiful.

Michelle said...

Our Daff are already blooming here in KY. I think it is too early for that. Thank you for your recent comment and prayers for my son. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it.

Lowcarb team member said...

Another beautiful sunrise.

All the best Jan