Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, February 11, 2023

Saturday

24 degrees and cloudy when I walked this morning
and no wind which was nice.
 Sunrise 7:13
Walking Steps 12879

Walked in all the usual places.
Both cemeteries, all around town, and the ball park loop.

Went down to see the 'girls' because the muddy road was frozen.
The cows are standing here in frozen mud.


Just to the left of them and behind the Drane house is
the farm pond which has some geese on it today.


I'm always talking about the two cemeteries which are pretty 
close to each other.

The road on the left leads to one of them and the road to the
right leads to the one up on the hill.
Today I went first left and then right.


A quiet early Saturday morning around town in which to
watch the beginning of a new day.

About a half mile from the end of my walk some blue sky
started to appear.


I was in the car leaving when I saw Lisa coming down the road.
First time I've seen her this year!!

☁️    🥾    😊    🌤

So nice to have a sunny day even if it is cold.

Had a nice afternoon of reading and knitting.

In a little while we will be getting ready to go out to 
in Grantsville where we will join couples from our church for a
a fun evening to celebrate Valentine's Day.

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Saturday to you.
👩🏻‍🦳happyone❤️


Comment Replies:
Shirley - Wow, a 15 mile walk every day in three hours is quite an impressive accomplishment!!! That's about a mile in 12 minutes. 

Deb - Next months book club is Surviving Savanah by Patti Callahan. 

17 comments:

Vee said...

Trust that your evening out will be most pleasant ❣️

Mari said...

We also had blue sky today.
I like your road that splits and goes in 2 directions. Makes me think of the wide and narrow road.
Have fun tonight with your friends!

Tom said...

...it looks like the girls can scratch where it itches.

Ginny Hartzler said...

A Valentine Banquet, what fun! Our church's Valentine Banquet is tomorrow right after the worship service.

Debby said...

I enjoy going out to eat - Don't do it as often as we used to. As long as it is good. We'll be going out for our anniversary which is on the 16th. Have fun and enjoy.

William Kendall said...

The girls noticed you.

HWIT BLOGG said...

What a lovely walk! I'm not well after corona so I wait a little with walks...
Blue sky here today also and the birds are coming back - lovely!!
Titti

Deb J. in Utah said...

I am sure you will have a nice Valentine's meal with your friends. I looked up and read a synopsis of the book your book club is reading next and it sounds good. I will look forward to seeing what you think of it. I may have to see if the library here has it. I hope you have a good Sunday. See you tomorrow. :-)

Hootin Anni said...

Sweet cows!!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I love the cows and the view of the pond. Pretty sky capture.
The Valentine's celebration sounds fun. Have a wonderful week!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The cows look happy despite the cold.

God bless always.

Bill said...

The cows look content.

Sue said...

Glad you were able to get out and walk, I am so looking forward to my walking again, soon. I am glad you put your walking steps up, I have wondered how many steps you walk, I was walking from 10 to 11 thousand, but it takes me a lot longer.
Beautiful photos,poor cows, we are wet around here too, though the rain was much needed,
Hope you enjoyed your Valentine''s dinner date.
Blessings,
Sue

Lowcarb team member said...

I hope you had a lovely evening at Penn Alps Restaurant.

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

That sounds like a fun way to celebrate Valentine's Day.

Jeanette said...

It is always nice when it's sunny out! Hope you enjoyed your Valentine Celebration!

Ann said...

Sunshine makes any day better. Hope you enjoyed your evening out.