Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, January 22, 2023

Sunday

 Happy Sunday
Pictures taken last Monday morning and the last time we saw the sun.



๐Ÿ“– Matthew 10:29 ๐Ÿ“–
Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? 
and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.

This is one of the hymns we sang in church this morning.
It was one of my Grandmother's favorites

๐ŸŽถ His Eye Is On The Sparrow ๐ŸŽถ
 words by Civilla Durfee Martin 
music by Charles Gabriel

1. Why should I feel discouraged, 
why should the shadows come,
Why should my heart be lonely, 
and long for heaven and home,
When Jesus is my portion? 
My constant friend is He:
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

Chorus

I sing because I’m happy,
I sing because I’m free,
For His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me.

2. Let not your heart be troubled, 
His tender word I hear,
And resting on His goodness, 
I lose my doubts and fears;
Though by the path He leadeth, 
but one step I may see;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

3. Whenever I am tempted, 
whenever clouds arise,
When songs give place to sighing, 
when hope within me dies,
I draw the closer to Him, 
from care He sets me free;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.


A Blessed Sunday to all.
Jesus Loves You ❤️
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณhappyone๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Bettye 
No racing down the hallway with your walker. ๐Ÿ˜Š ❤️

14 comments:

Bill said...

Beautiful sky shots.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Gorgeous photos! And I love this song!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Beautiful pictures. I am so glad that Bettye is doing better! Have a good week, Karen! See you again soon!

William Kendall said...

Gorgeous skies!

Hootin Anni said...

Stunning sky captures!!

Mari said...

Such pretty color!
We talked in Sunday School about the verse that says if God watches over the birds and flowers of the field, he will certainly care for us!

Tom said...

...I'm not sure if we saw the sun this week, perhap we will next week. Have a great week, Karen.

Debby said...

I like the verses to that song. Not only do we worship, but the words to these hymns are to comfort all, especially those who tend to be worriers. Right now, times can be viewed as problematic, but we must keep our eyes focused on the One who will sustain us through all the trials. It's really quite simple - it's all about TRUST.

eileeninmd said...

Lovely sky images, a beautiful start to your Sunday.
Take care, have a wonderful week!

Ann said...

Such a beautiful sky.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thank you for the Bible quote.

God bless.

R's Rue said...

Amen. You are a blessing to me.

ellen b. said...

Beautiful skies. I really enjoy singing that song.

Aritha V. said...

Sometimes we sing that in our church.
What a nice skies.

I hope the sun will be there for you today again.