Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, January 21, 2023

A turn around

I got my walking done in the basement today.
Snowing like crazy when I got up but I did get dressed for my walk.
Drove halfway to town in the snow.
The main road was snowy and slippery, didn't see any other cars out, and said to myself, Are you crazy, go back home. 
So I made a U turn and home I went.

The snow stopped by lunchtime and I'm sure the roads were all clear by then, but don't think it would have been very good for walking in town.

In the afternoon I walked up to the cabin.
Yesterday David dropped his Jeep key somewhere walking from his Jeep to the cabin.
Didn't realize he lost the key till today and by that time it had snowed.
He looked and looked but couldn't find it.
Usually I am the one to find things like that so said I'd come up and take a look for it.  
I didn't have any luck either.  Not much snow around so hopefully when it melts the key will show up.  

Took this picture walking down the driveway from the cabin.


Stopped to take this picture when I went down our driveway to get the mail. 
You can barely make out the cows down there in the snow.


It was a nice day around the house doing all the usual things.

Thanks for visiting.
Happy Saturday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone😉

19 comments:

Sandi said...

So beautiful.

Happy Saturday, Karen!

Lowcarb team member said...

You've got a white looking world with all the snow.
Hope David's key will turn up.

All the best Jan

PS Many thanks for letting me know about the wooden spoons in boiling water test, you are cleaning them well :)

Tom said...

...you could do outdoor walking here today!

Hill Top Post said...

Snow is expected here this week; just hoping it doesn't get deeper than my boots are tall. I love your beautiful snowy day pictures, both in town and in the countryside.

William Kendall said...

We've had snow off and on the last few days.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I hope you find the keys!

Debby said...

Losing keys and my purse is a fear of mine. I've misplaced them but never lost them. On the other hand, my husband misplaces his keys and his phone all the time. Hope he finds them soon.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Those are beautiful snowy photos. We had a misty rain so we stayed inside. It was nice to just relax today. Hugs, Diane

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Lovely pictures of the snow. Our day was cold, but we got a break from rain and snow. So sorry to hear that David lost his keys. I sure hope he will be able to find them soon. See you again tomorrow.

Ann said...

I hope once the snow melts the key will be found. That would be my luck losing it and having it covered in snow.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Snow is beautiful. Keep warm.

God bless.

Anni said...

The first image is definitely visual fodder for Robert Frost's poem "stopping by the woods..."

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful snow scenes, I do see the cows. I hope David finds his keys.

Take care, have a great new week.

Debbie said...

A good day for some inside work and play :) The snow is beautiful though!

Visits With Mary said...

We don't have basements in my part of the world. It's great that you have one, a place to walk in bad weather.

Bill said...

Hope you find the keys. I dropped my keys one time and never found them. We figured the birds maybe took them.

Pom Pom said...

Do you listen to something when you walk inside? I hope you guys find that key!

Jeanette said...

This is where a metal detector would come in handy! Smart of you to turn around.

Rose said...

I hope David found the keys. I was always the one to find things when I was at home. Now I am the one to lose them!