Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, January 23, 2023

A little more snow

Not a good morning for walking in town. 
Snowing and slippery on the sidewalks and side roads.
Had to make due with walking laps in the basement.

A couple of train layout scenes that I passed many many times doing laps.


This one is for you Bettye.


There was a banana sitting in the fruit bowl turning brown 
so made banana pancakes for breakfast.

Did the usual morning chores around the house 
and then got started on this weeks house cleaning.  
Got a good bit done.

I've been reading the second book in the trilogy, Us Against You 
and though I do like it I liked Beartown better.  
I'm about a quarter of the way through it.

The knitted afghan I'm making is coming along nicely.  
I might even finish it later this evening.

Since we didn't make pizza o Friday like we usually do, we made it for supper today.

I leave you today with a few pretty snowy pictures taken looking out the windows.







Thanks for visiting.
Happy Monday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🙂


 You don't knit because you are patient. 
You are patient because you knit.
- Stephanie Pearl-McPhee -

21 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

It is bitter cold and icy here once again today, so my workout was in the basement this morning and I will do a bit more tonight. I appreciate your thoughts on the Fredrik Backman books you are reading. See you again tomorrow!

Tom said...

...what little snow that we had is almost melted. The Airstream trailer is a nice touch to Ken's train layout.

Vee said...

That is a sweet layout. Snow found us and how this weekend. I have already spent a small fortune with the plowman. No way that I am able to scoop snow this winter.

Sounds as if you got a lot accomplished today.

William Kendall said...

That snow is a delight.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The train layout photos look absolutely real!! I would have thought they are real, if you had not said!

Ann said...

Love the pictures from the train layout. At first I wondered if it was a picture of another puzzle
That's about how it looks here with the snow. It's pretty so long as you can look at it through the window :)

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the train layout! Your snow scenes are pretty too.
Take care, have a wonderful day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Really wonderful snow scenes. Thank you so much, Happyone.

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

Love the snowy fence line today!! And banana bread sounds good too, altho pancakes are ideal.

Bill said...

Lovely snow views!

Henny Penny said...

How neat the when you do laps you still get to walk past homes and businesses and animal rescue places :). Bet it's fun. Your snow pictures are so pretty. I especially love the fence with the vines.

ellen b. said...

Love the train layout of scenes you get to walk around when you have to walk in the basement. The snow scenes are pretty, too. We got another dusting that covered up some of the dirty snow. Take care!

Debi said...

Our weather has been so dreary and today it can't decide if it wants to rain or snow!

Mari said...

I really enjoy those train layouts.
We had snow again last night too. It is pretty and gives a fresh look to the landscape.

Visits With Mary said...

Love your closing quote. I don't knit but I do cross stitch, does that count? :)

R's Rue said...

Love all the snow.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Happy@Home said...

I am always amazed at the detail in Ken's train layouts. Always fun to see.
I will enjoy your snow scenes as it feels more like spring here today.

Debby said...

I absolutely love the little houses and layouts around the train. So cute and very well done. They almost look real.

Granny Marigold said...

I like those last 3 pictures, with all the snow.

Aritha V. said...

O what a snow!

Rose said...

The snow pics are beautiful!