Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Muffins

35 degrees when walking this morning.
Cloudy and the last mile there was a mist in the air.
Bit of a breeze too.
Sunrise 7:34
Walk Steps 12747

No one at all around today, didn't see anyone, not even Bill or the Wiggle Man.
The only people I saw were in cars and not very many of them.

I walked through town a couple of times, around behind where we used to live,
the ball park loop, and both cemeteries.

The child care on the left by the fence has a sign on the door saying,
Closed due to water issues.


Another one of the houses for sale in town has been sold.
Sign down and cars in driveway.


Didn't go down to see the cows 'girls' by the barn because it is a muddy mess.
This is a picture of their barn taken from town.


☁️    πŸ₯Ύ    πŸ„    πŸ™‚

I made four different kinds of muffins. Used mixes so it was quick and easy.


Baked and added a dusting of icing sugar.
Tomorrow is Blankets for Babies work day at church and this will be part of the breakfast I'll be bringing.



Another dreary day and a good one to get some reading done. 
Just about finished reading Beartown.
Looking forward to reading book number 2.

That's all I've got for today.
Thanks for visiting.
Hope your day was a happy one.
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳happyoneπŸ˜€
12747 walk
16015 day

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.
- Vivian Greene -

18 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Muffins, a walk, people buying a new home. I love it all.

Vee said...

Well where is everybody? I say that a lot in Blogdom, too, but am not doing a thing to help. πŸ₯΄

Lowcarb team member said...

I wonder where everyone was today ?

I'm sure your muffins will be enjoyed at 'blankets for babies'

All the best Jan

Debby said...

The muffins look good. It was a cold dreary day here and very quiet.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I have used that kind of muffin mix before and the muffins are always delicious. That house that sold looks like a nice place. See you again tomorrow.

Tom said...

...blueberry would be my favorite!

William Kendall said...

It's been ages since I've had muffins.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Was this brand of muffin mix good?? If so, I will buy some.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

At least the snow seems to have cleared off.

God bless.

Ann said...

A cinnamon sugar muffin sounds good.

Hootin Anni said...

Great quote by Greene!!
Muffins look delicious.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Nice walk. I love the last quote. Your muffins look delicious, I would like the cinnamon. Take care, have a happy day!

Debbie said...

Those are my favorite muffins! They bring back memories of when my boys were little and I would make the chocolate chip ones for them and the banana nut for me.

Bill said...

Blueberry would be my choice, yummy!

Aritha V. said...

Every day is different, isn't it? While I'm writing this, it's still night where you are, I think. Time zones are so weird. The muffins seem to be delicious. And what a nice idea to put powdered sugar on them.

Today I was at the thrift store and saw a beautiful puzzle. 1000 pieces, and a flower for every month. I couldn't quite put my finger on why, but it was truly unique and I almost bought it for you :-) I hope you have a wonderful day and a lovely new walk today.

Sandi said...

πŸ’™

Retired Knitter said...

Martha White muffin mixes. I will have to look those up! They are new to me.

Jeanette said...

I love those Martha White muffin mixes! You just add milk and they are pretty good. Tood bad the lemon poppy seed was not so popular. They are my favorite!