Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Afternoon Walk

Pouring down rain when I got up and didn't feel like getting wet so didn't walk.

I used my walking time and got a lot done around the house before Ken even got up and then had breakfast.

We were in Grantsville at Casselmans food shopping at 8:45.
No one else in the store shopping - had the store all to ourselves.
Got home and put everything away.
Did a few more things around the house it was already lunch time.


The rain had stopped to a mist by then so I went for my walk at 1:00.
It was 44 degrees and cloudy.
Glad I waited.
Walk Steps 12,129
Found a dime - first coin of the year. 💰


Walked around both cemeteries a couple of times and the ball park loop too.
The library was opened so stopped in there and picked up the two books that were being held for me.  
Picked out a couple of DVD's too and had a little chat with Connie, the librarian.
No one else in the library either.

Walked to the Jeep, dropped the books in there, then continued walking around town.

Thought maybe I'd see others out walking too but didn't see anyone.
Even though I walked in the afternoon it still seemed like early morning because of the weather.

☁️    🥾    😊

When I got back home figured I'd better read because I have a lot of reading to do before the book club meeting next month.

Made tacos for supper but put the mixture in a burrito shell so we had burrito tacos.

That's it for today.
Thanks for visiting.
Hope your Tuesday was a good one.
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🙂
12,129 walk
15570 day

17 comments:

Tom said...

...what little snow that we had disappeared today. The weather this year is like a yoyo. Take care and enjoy your evening.

Lowcarb team member said...

That's good that you found a dime - your first coin of the year.

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

Here we have continued to see snow.

Granny Marigold said...

I suppose the rain washed the snow away. Nice that you could walk in the afternoon in much nicer weather.

Debby said...

Your photos are so pretty when I click on them and they are so large. I can see the detail. We had a sunny day today but rain tomorrow.

Deb J. in Utah said...

We have had another rainy day here too. My husband got a walk in when the rain stopped for a while in the middle of the day, but by the time I got home from school, it was raining again, so I exercised downstairs. We have had about twice as much rain and snow as we usually get this year. I hope you have a good day tomorrow.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Seems like it was a ghost town today! I love the burrito idea!

Debi said...

We almost always make our tacos with burrito shells! We had a nice, sunny day today and it was such a nice change from the dreary, grey weather we've been having.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

At last, you found some money.

God bless.

Ann said...

It always feels good when I can get up and get things done early in the day.

eileeninmd said...

We had some rain in the morning too. I like this warmer weather.
Pretty scenes and photos. Take care, have a great day!

Debbie said...

Hi Karen,
Thanks for answering my question on my blog the other day.

Isn't it so nice to go in a store and have it all to yourself? Ahhh...you can think and not have to play traffic with the other shoppers :)

Hootin Anni said...

I'm not sure what is meant by burrito style tacos?!!! Instead of hard corn shell, maybe the flour tortilla (soft shell)?

The Happy Whisk said...

I love to go either really early when the stores open or right before close. LOVE to shop when no one is there. It's the best! 44 is really nice. You remind me that I need to get in exercise today for sure. At Aldi last night I looked at a step counter. It was cute. Pink. Five bucks. I thought about getting it. Happy Reading. Happy Taco Night!

Visits With Mary said...

I don't even know what it would be like to gave the grocery store all to myself!! Have a great day!!

Bill said...

Burrito tacos sound good.

Jennifer said...

More beautiful pictures today! Glad you got in your walk in the afternoon. You are so faithful and committed. It is inspiring!