Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, January 19, 2023

Half and Half

It was a cold rainy morning so half of my walk today was in the basement.

Even though I brought breakfast for the women doing Blankets for Babies I ate breakfast before I left for church.  
We don't eat till about 10 and I would have been starving by then.

I brought the muffins I made yesterday, orange juice, and a fruit salad of strawberries, melon, blueberries, and grapes.

The muffins were a hit with everyone but the favorite was the blueberry and the least the lemon poppyseed.

The colors I'm using for the next blanket is red and white and it will be checked.


After blankets I went to visit Bettye at the nursing home.  
Dorothy, another church lady who also makes blankets came along with me.
We had a nice visit with Bettye.  
Still improving and getting stronger.

On the way back home the rain stopped so when I got back to town I pulled in by the pond, parked and went walking.  
It was near 40 and I had my walking shoes on so it seemed a good idea.
Since I only had half my walk to do it went fast.


In a lot of places it is a muddy mess.


I was really hungry when I got home because didn't eat lunch till 2:00. 

What was left of the afternoon, I made a few squares and read.

And that's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Thursday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🙂
14785 day

Life's not promised to anyone. 
 Live today and love someone. 
 Don't live life so critical. 
 Make room for your miracle.

- Derek Allen -

20 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Pleased to read that Bettye is still improving and getting stronger.

I think the red and white colours for your next blanket will look good together.

All the best Jan

Ann said...

Yikes, that is pretty muddy out there.
Love the red and white combination.

Debby said...

That wild, muddy mess looks like here. It will take weeks before we dry up.

Mari said...

It's muddy here too, just keeps raining!
I love your new blanket plan. It's going to be so cute with those red and white squares.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love the quote at the end. We have had a very cold and wet day here. More snow is in the forecast. I love the Valentine colors of your next blanket! See you again tomorrow.

Visits With Mary said...

I love the quote from Derek Allen. Hope you've had a Happy Thursday!

Debbie said...

Yay for Bettye getting better by the day! And I love the red and white :) Very classic.

William Kendall said...

Usually I've had breakfast by eight.

Debi said...

Glad to hear that Bettye is coming along. I'm sure she enjoyed your visit. Right now it is snowing here... we are supposed to get 4-8 inches.

Granny Marigold said...

It certainly looks muddy! More like March than January. Good news that Bettye is getting better. Tomorrow I'll go see my SIL (who happens to be called Betty) and see how she's doing. She fell on the ice injuring her hip back before Christmas.

Ginny Hartzler said...

How awesome that you fed all the ladies!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Have you ever considered leaving some coins in the basement so you can find them?

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I am glad your friend Bettye is improving. We had a lot of rain yesterday, I am sure it is muddy out there. The red and white blankets will look pretty. Take care, have a happy weekend!

Retired Knitter said...

Since blogger has stopped sending blog posts to my email in box, I have missed a few of your posts. Need to catch up. I think of you every time I watch the weather forecasts and they show how different our weather in central Maryland is to what western Maryland gets. We have yet to get one flake of snow here.

Tom said...

...it's a bit too early for mud season!

NanaDiana said...

Glad you were able to do part of your walk outside. It was wonderful that you took breakfast and then to visit your friend. We all need encouraging when we are ill. Hugs- Diana

Michelle said...

I like the red/white combo. We have been getting a lot of rain, too.

Vee said...

That's a wonderful closing quote.

Very snowy and frozen today in my corner.

Bill said...

That's great news that Bettye is continuing to get better.

Rose said...

That is going to be a beautiful blanket in the red and white.