Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, January 09, 2023

Monday

Light snow overnight but just cloudy for walking this morning and 27 degrees.
Sunrise 7:37
Walk Steps 12847

Most of the side streets had a very thin coating of ice which made it quite slippery.
I was limited where I could walk because of it but did find places to walk.
For once I could walk on the sidewalks in town because of all the grit on them.
So I walked up and down the main street in town.
Walked around the lower cemetery a couple of times.


Down toward home


turned around and back to town again.


Walked around the lower cemetery again, and up and down the main road through town.

Lastly walked around the lower cemetery a couple more times.

Left some smiley faces in the snow around town as I walked.


No one else walking around town that I saw but the Wiggleman was out cleaning snow off the cars.  He cautioned me to be careful on the ice!!

While I was walking around the cemetery I saw a fox, he saw me, and took off running.  Tired to get a picture and even cropped it but he is a blurry dot in the picture.  He was healthy looking, great red color, with a full bushy tail.  



☁️    🥾    🦊    😊

French toast for breakfast.
Then did the normal morning house hold chores.
Started on the house cleaning for the week.

Finished sewing all the weave-it squares and the baby blanket is now finished.
If you want to take a look at it you can see it HERE.

Thanks for poppin' in for a visit.
Happy Monday to you.
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🙂
12847 walk
16560 day
Thank you all so much for your responses regarding prayers for Bettye. It really touched my heart.  You guys are the best.
Bettye has been improving.  When we visited her she was sitting up.  She can talk and has pretty good movement her right side and has some movement on the left side.  

17 comments:

Tom said...

...I love your fox. Sadly here I see plenty of roadkills.

Anonymous said...

That’s is wonderful to hear! The sooner stroke victims get help, the better. This is Debby From My House.

Hootin Anni said...

A fox?!! It's been decades since I've seen one. I'm jealous.

Love your colorful blanket.

Yes, I agree with wiggleman...be careful on the ice.

William Kendall said...

A fox is a delight to see.

Ann said...

Glad you found some spots that weren't too slippery to walk. Love your smiley faces in the snow. A nice way to brighten someone's day.
Cool sighting on the fox. I've seen a few while driving but only a quick glimpse as they were running across the road.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love your latest baby blanket. I prayed for Bettye. So glad she is doing better.

Mari said...

Glad to hear the report on Bettye.
I Love how you leave your smiley mark around town.
The baby blanket is pretty!
How cool to see the fox.

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a wonderful report, and to know or prayers are working! I can make out the fox, and his pretty tail. You were quick on the draw to get even this photo!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Still praying.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Pretty snowy scenes, we still have not had any snow here. Love the shot of the fox running away. I am so glad Bettye is improving, that is great news.
Have a great day!

Bill said...

I haven't seen a fox in a long time. Glad to hear Bettye is improving.

The Happy Whisk said...

Great job on the steps! Hubby and I like to go to graveyards and read the old stones and take pictures. That smiley face made me smile. French toast, I'm in! Sewing as well. So fun. Cheers, Ivy.

ellen b. said...

Good report about Bettye. Thankful. What fun to spot that fox!

Granny Marigold said...

The light snowfall makes it look like it's covered with icing sugar.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Please read my last post.

Much Love

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Karen
I know I commented on this post yesterday ...
Did it go into spam folder?

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Karen
Many thanks for your reply to this on the low carb diabetic :)

All the best Jan