Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, January 16, 2023

Monday

 

17 degrees when I walked this morning.
Kept all my layers of clothing on today!!
The stars were still out when I left and the sun rose at 7:35.
It sure felt nice to feel the sun on my face and see blue sky!!!
Walk Steps 12838

Walked through town and over to the industrial park and all around it.


Continued on the road behind the Dollar General,
then up behind where we used to live.
Back in town passing by the Jeep I stopped to pick up a DVD and walked
over to the library and dropped it off.

Lastly went up the hill to the cemetery and walked around there once.

Didn't see anyone else out walking on this cold beautiful morning.


🌤    🥾    🚶‍♀️

Finished the farm puzzle.
This one was a bit of a challenge but we liked it.


Got house work done in the morning and after lunch
read for a little while.

We met David and Liz at Brenda's for pizza for supper.
They were finishing work up near Brenda's so we just met them there. 
Delicious pizza and people we love to share it with.
Life is Good.

Thanks for stopping by for a visit.
Hope your Monday was a good one.
👩🏻‍🦳happyone😊

22 comments:

Tom said...

..you had some gorgeous skies to enjoy.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love that picture of your snowy town. It looks just beautiful. That puzzle is great. Congrats on getting it finished. Enjoying pizza with David and Liz is a perfect way to top off a good Monday. I hope the whole week goes well for you. See you again soon!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wonderful photos, espeially the first very artistic one. The puzzle DOES look hard to work!

Debby said...

Every time you mention Dollar General I keep meaning to go over there - I don't shop there regularly and it's been a while. The photo of the pond and the church against the stunning blue sky is beautiful.

William Kendall said...

Glorious skies!

Mari said...

Brrr! That was cold. Such a pretty sky though. Those cold days often are the prettiest.

Happy@Home said...

That is such a sweet puzzle.
How nice to have Liz & David join you for pizza.
Thanks so much for sharing your cinnamon roll recipe a few posts ago. I can't wait to try them.

Granny Marigold said...

The first picture with the lovely clouds and the perfectly spaced trees gets my vote today.
I can see why the latest puzzle would be challenging but you got it done!

Hill Top Post said...

Not many people are brave enough to go walking on such a cold morning. The little church looks so beautiful nestled in snow.

Ann said...

I love that first picture. The line of trees just draws me in

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The first photo and scene is really pretty, I like the line of trees. Pretty skies! The puzzle is a pretty farm photo. Take care, have a happy day!

Debbie said...

The pictures are gorgeous, as always. And I love that puzzle! I think I've done one like that.

A thought occurred to me this morning while reading your step count...do you see results from your walking, such as better health check ups? I'm just curious as to what kind of changes that number of steps (or miles) can do from a health standpoint, as far as cholesterol or blood pressure, etc.

Have a great Tuesday!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You really have a lot of snow. It's -5*C here.

God bless.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That sure sounds cold! We walk in the afternoons when it's chilly in the mornings but there are walkers out in the neighborhood at all times. Love that neat puzzle!

Bill said...

Beautiful skies!

Billy Blue Eyes said...

You have been getting some nice sunrises there

Hootin Anni said...

At the end of a cold wintry day there comesa stunning sunset of purples and pinks!!
Love the church image best today.

Jennifer said...

Seventeen degrees!!? Whoa that is a chilly walk! I think I know why you didn't pass anyone else - lol!! And a day that ends with pizza is definitely a good day:)

Lowcarb team member said...

Such beautiful skies.

A very nice looking puzzle.

All the best Jan

The Happy Whisk said...

Life is good for sure. Love the puzzle and that you got house work done. I'm off today and that's what I'm doing. Mounds and mounds of laundry. And baking. And reading and playing!

Aritha V. said...

So nice, real snow.

Rose said...

That puzzle would be so much fun to work during this cold snap...