Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Town

 Finally got to walk in town this morning.
It was 19 degrees and sunny.
I waited till it was light out so I could see where the ice was.
Pretty good for walking.
Sunrise 7:34
Walked 6 miles
Found a penny

Couldn't walk along the main road and sidewalks because of ice 
but did find clear places to walk.
 Did a lot of turning around and backtracking when I ran into ice.

Stopped in at the car dealer in town and gave Phil the Wiggleman a
Christmas card and one of the little pumpkin breads.
He was very thankful.

Walked up Barn Sale Rd a ways and back.


Work was going on at the bank drive thru now enclosed in plastic.
I could hear saws and hammering.
Guess it is to keep them a little warmer or maybe so they can work
if it snows.
Just looked a bit strange to me.


Didn't see anyone else out walking.

I took a picture today showing where I was standing when I took
the picture from yesterday looking down to town.


🌀    πŸ₯Ύ    😊
πŸŽ„    πŸŽ„

David and Liz's driveway is a winding hilly one and now is pretty
icy from going up and down it.
Ken went out on the tractor which has chains on the back tires
and broke up the ice on their driveway.
David could have done it but they were both working so
Ken said he'd do it.

I got some work done inside the house.

After lunch I just puttered about doing this and that.

Thanks for visiting.
Happy Wednesday
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳happyone😊
πŸŽ„

The magic of Christmas never ends 
and its greatest gifts are family and friends. 
You can never truly enjoy Christmas 
until you can look up into the Father's face 
and tell him you have received his Christmas gift.
- John R. Rice -

18 comments:

Sandi said...

A nice walk. πŸ™‚

Ginny Hartzler said...

That's a big hill! LOVE the poem!

Tom said...

...I love the long shadows in the first image. Be care on the ice.

Bill said...

Nice poem and you had a long beautiful walk to get that view.

Henny Penny said...

I just don't think I could go out and walk when it's so cold and icy...you are amazing and I sure admire you...in many ways. Hope you and Ken have a wonderful Christmas.

Hill Top Post said...

When it's that cold I wear my big L.L. Bean coat; looks like it may get its first use this year the next couple of days. Your pictures gives a good idea about the lay of the land. I am assuming when you walk from home you have to go up and down that hill.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Glad you got back into town..

Can imagine that road. It's great that Ken can get rid of the ice.

πŸŽ„πŸ€ΆπŸŽ„πŸ€ΆπŸŽ„

Debby said...

Your days sound so nice. Keep warm.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I like the picture that you showed where you were yesterday. I am glad that Ken has the equipment to get rid of the ice. Have David and Liz enlarged the original cabin? As I remember, it wasn't huge when you were building it, but I may be mistaken. I hope you have a good Thursday. See you then!

Ann said...

Glad you were able to find places to walk where you could avoid the ice.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

A penny found is better than a penny lost.

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

You did good avoiding ice!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Pretty scenes and views from your walk. I like the shot of the cattle on the field. I am glad you were able to avoid the ice. Have a happy day!

Granny Marigold said...

Nice that you found ways to walk avoiding any ice.
I'm sure anyone lucky enough to receive one of your little pumpkin loaves will appreciate the gift ( and especially, the thought).

Lowcarb team member said...

Good that you found ways to walk avoiding any ice.
I always take extra care if there is any ice around.

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

That was quite a hike now that you show the view of your mountain from town! Grocery store parking lots are treacherous here right now, so icy with chunky ice. That was nice of Ken to break up the ice on the driveway. It's great to have good equipment.

Rose said...

Maybe they have something inside that plastic putting out some heat. It would be miserable to be working at that temp.

William Kendall said...

That's some high ground.