Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, December 22, 2022

Organizing

 Woke up to freezing rain hitting the window so I was back to 
walking basement laps this morning.
Walked my first 3 miles before breakfast and the last 3 miles in the afternoon.
Sunrise 7:35
Though the sun is setting later each evening now,
sunrise is still getting earlier for a while.


During the morning I got my house chores done.

This afternoon I went through and organized all my knitting patterns.
Threw out ones I know I'll never get around to knitting.
Then I put them all in a plastic sleeves in a notebook.


In the front and back of the notebook there is are pockets
and I slipped patterns that I'm going to knit in them.
Once I knit them I'll had them to the book.
I have been wanting to do this for a long time and feel good
that I finally did it.
It took a lot longer than I thought it would.
Picked a good day for it - so dreary outside!!
Next I have to do that with my recipes!!

That's all for today.
Just a short post.
Happy Thursday
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳happyone😊
πŸŽ„

 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: 
and the government shall be upon his shoulder: 
and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, 
The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6

Comment Replies:
Deb - You remembered correctly, the cabin is small.  Just one room with a kitchen area in one corner.  David and Liz wanted to down size and not have a lot of stuff and that is exactly what they did.  They seem very happy in the cabin.  😊
A lot of people talk about doing that and some actually do it! 😊

20 comments:

Rose said...

We were in the 30's this morn, now down to 7°F now, with some snow. It is fine and blowing.

I have some of my recipes in sleeves but need to do more and do some rearranging.

Michelle said...

Snow and ice is headed our way. You are fortunate to have your basement for walking. Stay warm!!

Hill Top Post said...

It's always fun to see what's going on along the tracks. I have been organizing my recipes over the past couple of years. That's a job I may never finish.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I organized my recipe book like that during Covid. Feels good to get organized. It's nice that David and Liz decided to downsize so much, and that they can live close to you and Ken! I think most people just simply have too much stuff! I know we do. Glad you had a nice day and accomplished something you had been wanting to do! See you again tomorrow!

ellen b. said...

You certainly made the most of the dreary weather day. I don't have much to show for our day in the minus temps! Have a good evening.

The Furry Gnome said...

Oh, look at all those nice John Deere tractors!

Debby said...

20 years ago, my husband and I decided to downsize as the Silicon Valley was getting expensive and we had some debt. We lived for 4 years in our 34 ft motorhome, just down the road from Facebook headquarters. We actually loved it. Best years and we met many interesting and lasting friends in the RV park. Most were tech workers also living in their RV’s to save up for a house. We reached our goal and paid off the debt, the cars etc. Then we moved up to Northern California - new house and debt free. In fact when we first moved here, we walked around our home (I inherited from my folks) and we both thought this 1300 sq foot house was too much for us.

Those were such fun years though -

Looks like you all are having the cold we had a week ago. Our lowest low was 28 degrees.

Question - how big is your basement to be able to walk in it?

Tom said...

...it's fun to see those John Deere tractors, thanks for showing Ken's train layout.

Vee said...

You are very organized! Good plan. I should do that with my recipe book. Now if only those green John Deeres were red Farmalls. πŸ˜‰

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a wonderful little train shot! It is always such a good feeling to get a chore done that you have been wanting to do for a long time.

Ann said...

I don't like freezing rain. I do like seeing bits of the train set up though.
I tried to do the notebook thing with all the craft patterns I had saved over the years. I never got very far with the project

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Ken's is so creative, love his train village and displays.
Your notebook knitting is a great idea, very organized.
Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Wishing you all the best in 2023!

Debbie said...

Organizing is one of my favorite things ever! I think your notebook idea is a great one!

And I really enjoy seeing the train set up. My uncle was an avid train collector. In fact, he belonged to a club in Corpus Christi, and they had a rented building where they set up all their collective tracks. He would take us there anytime we visited and proudly show off their latest designs or additions to the set up. Great memories!

And it's 18 degrees this morning! We have all our pipes dripping so they won't freeze. This is when I know I'm not a cold weather fan! I prefer the 60's and 70's.

Have a great day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

With best wishes. God bless you and your family this Christmas and always.

Bill said...

Dreary weather and raining today. Love seeing Ken's train layout, the village looks so real.

William Kendall said...

Freezing rain is the only winter weather I dislike.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

How lovely for them, that they really did the downsizing. Congratulations to them!!!!!

So many say they want to, but never do it. Me, me, me! But married to a man who saved everything and thinks everything is perfect in our too big even downstairs... -sigh-

Have a lovely Christmas Eve and Christmas Day...

πŸŽ„ πŸŽ„ πŸŽ„ πŸŽ„

Hootin Anni said...

Organizing is a great cold weather activity!!

Granny Marigold said...

Freezing rain is what we now have and that on top of the snow from the past days meant no walking. Did go pick up a few last minute things at the grocery store.

Yesterday I went through all the recipes that I've cut out from various sources with the intention of trying them "some day". Threw them out.

Merry Christmas to you,Ken,David,and Liz.

Debi said...

I organized my knitting and crocheting patterns in a similar way a few years ago. I also did the same thing with my sewing patterns. It makes it so much easier to find them when I need them. Hope you have a wonderful, merry Christmas.