Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, December 12, 2022

The plot of land


 It was 29 degrees here at the house and I almost didn't go to
town to walk because the bricks in front of the garage were icy.
But went anyway to see what it was like in town.
Glad I did because it was 33 degrees and just wet.
Misty for a little while and then just cloudy.
Sunrise 7:28
Walked 6 miles

First walked over to the post office and mailed off the last of the
Christmas cards and then over to the library to drop off a book
and a couple of DVD's.

Continued walking through town, behind our old house in town,
the ball park loop and both cemeteries.

The new fence is installed around the ball field.


Was talking to a friend Diane who grew up in town and she was
telling me about the general store in town. 
Rosie worked there and the kids called it Rosie's Store because she would always give the kids candy when they came into the store.

I spotted her gravestone walking around the cemetery at the top of the hill.


The long barn is finally completed and took the picture from the lower cemetery.


Just as I was coming out of the cemetery I saw a woman by
the plot of land that was sold where the cute things and
the little Christmas tree is.
Stopped and introduced myself and she told me her name is Kathy.
She lives in Baltimore and her daughter is married to the Pastor
of the church here in town.
Kathy and her husband are planning on building a little house
on the land in the next year or two.

Sheila was running today and I saw her around the cemetery.

☁️    🥾    😊    🎄

Seemed like a good morning for pancakes.
Did a load of laundry - no hanging outside today - had to use
my drying rack.  It's a nice big one made by the Amish.

Did a few every day chores and then made Sugar Cookies
for Thursday when we have our Christmas luncheon for
Babies for Blankets.
I made Christmas trees.
I'm going to make the icing tomorrow.

It has been awhile since all the deer have come through
the yard but a couple were here today.
Here's one of them out back.
Took the picture out of my bedroom window.


Finished knitting the purple slippers for Kinsley.

I put a string of colored lights around the window over the kitchen
sink by the bottles and mason jars.


Thanks for visiting.
Happy Monday.
👩🏻‍🦳happyone😊
🎄

I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars 
and open a jar of it every month.
- Harlan Miller -

Comment Replies:
Vee - Yes, I like both versions of Away In A Manger. My favorite singer singing it is Anne Murray.

Debbie - Thank you for your kind words but I'm no a photographer and all my pictures are taken with my phone. 

20 comments:

Tom said...

...I love your mason jars, I have some old ones that I put cut flowers in.

Debby said...

What a cute idea with the mason jars and colored bottles in your window. It looks so festive.

Mari said...

Ooooh! I love the lights by the jars.
Glad you met the lady who is going to be building.
That deer photo is pretty.

Vee said...

The lights look so pretty among your jars and bottles. Nice to have your curiosity satisfied by meeting Kathy. Goodness! That barn is huge!

Had to zip off to find Anne Murray singing "Away in a Manger." Yes, it is lovely and I enjoyed it very much.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love Anne Murray. Now I'm wondering if I have that song by her. I have a lot of her music in cds. How pretty the deer is! Stay warm!

Ginny Hartzler said...

The jars and lights in front of your window are beautiful!! Your town really has a General Store??

Hill Top Post said...

What an enjoyable post...great pictures and lots of inspiration.

Ann said...

Oh that barn sure is a big one.
Love the lights around the mason jars.

eileeninmd said...

Love the view of the big barn and your cute deer. The lights look pretty around the mason jars. Take care, have a happy day!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. The lights in your kitchen window around the jars look so lovely. Enjoy your Christmas luncheon today. See you again later!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What a wonderful deer. I like your decorations.

God bless.

Debbie said...

I'm always amazed at what a strand of lights can add to almost anything. Your display is beautiful :)

Bill said...

The barn is huge even from afar. The glass on your table looks very pretty.

LC said...

Thanks again for sharing those walks and your daily experiences. May your Christmas season be blessed!

Hootin Anni said...

Those lights with those jars...simply heart warming!!
Love the deer

Granny Marigold said...

We walked in much the same weather conditions this morning. Fewer people were out than usual. Maybe they thought it would be icy. With the temperature hovering just below freezing I suppose it could have been but we walked carefully. How nice that deer wandered over again. I'm sure it's always a treat to see them.

Galla Creek said...

Love the lighted jars!

ellen b. said...

I like the lights with your jars and bottles. Very pretty. We haven't seen deer in the yard for quite a while. We have seen some tracks in the snow. That's a nice story about Rosie and the store. Enjoy your Christmas luncheon on Thursday!

Rose said...

I love your mason jars, too. And the lights.

Lowcarb team member said...

I too like your mason jars and coloured bottles with the lights, lovely.

All the best Jan