Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, December 11, 2022

Sunday

Sunrises from this past week.


 


📖    📖

Luke 2:12

And this shall be a sign unto you;
 Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.

🎶    🎶

This is my favorite Christmas hymn.
It was one of the ones we sang in church this morning.

Away In A Manager

Away in a manger, no crib for a bed,
The little Lord Jesus laid down his sweet head.
The stars in the sky looked down where he lay,
The little Lord Jesus asleep in the hay.

The cattle are lowing, the baby awakes,
But little Lord Jesus no crying he makes.
I love Thee, Lord Jesus, look down from the sky
And stay by my cradle 'til morning is nigh.

Be near me, Lord Jesus, I ask Thee to stay
Close by me forever, and love me, I pray.
Bless all the dear children in thy tender care,
And take us to heaven, to live with Thee there.

🎶    🎶

A Blessed Sunday to all.
👩🏻‍🦳happyone😊
Jesus Loves You❤️

18 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I love that hymn too. It is probably the first hymn I remember singing as a child. Beautiful sunrises. I hope you have an awesome Sunday. See you again tomorrow.

Anni said...

Carol, song, or hymn...however you want to call it...it tells the story perfectly.

Great skies this week.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful hymn we often sing in church. Thank you for the Bible quote.

God bless.

Mari said...

It's such a good song, I remember singing it as a child. The message is timeless.

Tom said...

...you enjoyed some spectacular skies!

William Kendall said...

Those are beautiful.

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a wonderful old hymn. Your sunsets are heavenly! I think my favorite is the third, but it is hard to chose.

ellen b. said...

I love Away in a Manger, too. It's always so special to see the little ones sing this up front at church. Lovely sunrises!

Sandi said...

Beautiful photos!

Vee said...

Beautiful skies last week! So much beautiful sacred Christmas music. That's a good one. Do you like both versions?

Debi said...

Beautiful photos!

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful sky captures! Take care, enjoy your new week!

Lisa said...

Beautiful sun rise. Can you imagine what the sky must have looked like the morning after Christ was born? I bet it was beautiful just like this.
Away in A Manger is one of my old time favorite Christmas songs. My favorite Christmas song now is “Mary did you know”. But in reality… I love them all!
Lisa

Ann said...

Those pictures of the sky are simply beautiful.
I love that hymn.

Debbie said...

Karen, were you a photographer at one time? Because you take some of the prettiest pictures!

Bill said...

Beautiful skies!

NanaDiana said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous sky shots. Away In A Manger has always been a favorite song of mine--especially when sung by little kids at Christmas time. xo Diana

Lowcarb team member said...

Three beautiful photographs.
That hymn is one of my favourites too.

All the best Jan