Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, December 13, 2022

More Cookies

 28 degrees this morning for walking.
It was cloudy but happy to say dry for a change.
Later in the day we even saw the sun!!!
Sunrise 7:29
Walked 6 miles

First walked up and down the main road through town.
Then went down the road towards home a ways before turning
around and going back to town.
In town I walked around both cemeteries and the ball park.

Pretty quiet around town and didn't see anyone else out.

This woods is behind the ball park and at the end of the
woods is where the industrial park is.
It is maybe two blocks away.


☁️    πŸ₯Ύ    😊    πŸŽ„

We finished the puzzle last night.
It was a fun one to do and one of our favorites.


Another morning of baking cookies for me.
This time it was Pheffernusse Cookies and one of my favorites.
I will bring a few dozen with me on Thursday when I go
to Babies for Blankets and the other couple dozen I'll keep for us.
Still haven't made the icing for the sugar cookies from yesterday,
so I'll have to do that tomorrow.


After lunch we went to church and loaded the Roman's scriptures
we all put together and boxed up into the church trailer 
and came back home with them.
Tomorrow we will go to Bedford, PA to drop them off where
they will be distributed to missionaries.

Thats all for today.
Happy Tuesday
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳happyone😊

πŸŽ„



It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air.
- W. T. Ellis -

20 comments:

Rose said...

I love the sky in that puzzle! The puzzle looks like a fun one.

Ann said...

What a pretty puzzle. Wouldn't a house on the beach be nice?
Those cookies look delicious.

Tom said...

...I like Ellis' quote.

Vee said...

Off the PA tomorrow! You'll have a busy, productive day.

Debi said...

I like your puzzle. Do you keep your favorites and put them together again? I have a friend who does that but we don't. When we are finished with a puzzle we give it away. I like the Pheffernusse cookies too but have never made them.
Have a great week!

Deb J. in Utah said...

The puzzle is great - a reminder that warmer weather is eventually coming even though it's cold and snowy now. Those cookies look yummy. I will check your recipe blog for directions. You sure stay busy making those little Roman books. What great service you are doing bringing the message of the gospel to others. You probably said, but what language(s) are the little Roman books in? I will see you again tomorrow!

Hill Top Post said...

Your cookies are among my favorites too. I always make them for Christmas. The puzzle is a beauty. There may be a lot of them before this winter is over.

Linda said...

That is too cold! The cookies look great.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Looks like you are an expert cookie maker. And you can finish a large puzzle faster than anyone I know!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

looks like a complicated puzzle.

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

I've had Mexican wedding cookies, but never pheffernuse that I recall.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The puzzle looks pretty. Your cookies look delicious!
Great quote! Take care, enjoy your day!

Bill said...

Nice puzzle picture and your cookies look delicious.

Jennifer said...

Love your puzzle. I really need to try a puzzle or two. I have friends who love to do them but for some reason, they make me antsy. I'm curious, where do you send your scriptures in Bedford? Perhaps the same place we send ours!?:)

William Kendall said...

The cookies must be tasty.

Aritha V. said...

I love to see the cookies. What a nice small cookie. I had to google for it and I love the story about it on Wikipedia.The Netherlands gives the name "kruidnoten" to the small, brown, round cookies

Lowcarb team member said...

Well done on finishing the puzzle, it looks good.

All the best Jan

Pom Pom said...

Hi Karen! The cookies look yummy!

Granny Marigold said...

The cookies look tasty and I'll be making them before the weekend.

ellen b. said...

l like the puzzle and those cookies look delicious!