Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, December 10, 2022

A few decorations

 

I got lucky with the temperature being 33 degrees because it was
misty out and if it had been colder it would have been icy.
So was thankful that I was able to walk safely.
It was misty on and off during my walk but I stayed pretty dry.
Sunrise 7:27
Walked 6 miles

Walked up and down the main road, both cemeteries and the
ball park loop all a couple of times each.

Very quiet around town and didn't see anyone else out walking.
Phil the Wiggleman was making his daily video
and I saw Dwayne, the mail clerk (not Lisa's husband) out back
at the post office helping unload a mail truck.

Back in October I took a picture of a front stoop with
pumpkins lined up.
The same pumpkins are still sitting there
but they don't look quite the same!!


 ☁️    πŸ₯Ύ    😊    πŸŽ„

Ken went to the Dollar General on his own this morning.
I stayed home and got my morning chores done.

Cleared out an area in the living room where we will be
putting our tree once we get it.
Was going to go today but just too nasty outside to trek in
the woods looking for one.

So I stayed inside and baked some cookies.

Always find time for a little reading and knitting during the day.

πŸŽ…πŸ»    πŸŽ„    🀢🏻

Some of you wanted to see Christmas decorations.
Don't have many but here are some pictures.


A closer look.
Church in middle is a Hummel that was my mothers.
I made the Christmas trees and Ken made the two blocks 
of a tree and candy cane which are
kind of hard to see in the picture.


This Nativity Set I've had for years.
A couple of years ago Ken painted their blond hair dark brown.
I don't put out the wise men because they didn't come around
for a couple of years. 


I knitted the stockings a number of years ago.
We never put anything in them though.



Thanks for visiting.
Enjoy your Saturday.
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳happyone😊
πŸŽ„

Christmas is forever, not for just one day, 
for loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away like bells and lights and tinsel, 
in some box upon a shelf. 
The good you do for others is good you do yourself.
- Norman W Brooks -

Comment Replies:
Deb - I bought the round shaker boxes in an Antiques/Collectable shop many years ago in Gettysburg, PA.

15 comments:

Sandi said...

Lovely decor. Is that an onion dome on the church?

Tom said...

...those pumpkins belong on the compost pile.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Thanks for showing your decorations. The stockings are beautiful! And I love the village with the pretty plates over it. What cute tree! You are so right; Jesus must have been about 2 when the Wise Men came. WHY does everyone always put them at the manger??

ellen b. said...

Sweet decorations. Our kids trekked on their 20 acres to find their tree for this year. Hope you find one soon!

William Kendall said...

The pumpkins are far past their best before date.

Vee said...

Charming decorations! I am shocked that you never put anything in the stockings. Some little something...

Mari said...

Those pumpkins are sad!
I enjoyed your decorations. I have a nativity set I got from Bob's mom that is very old - and has blond hair. It should be painted too!

Debby said...

I love your Christmas village! The 3 wise men in nativities is a pet peeve for both my husband and I. The Catholic Church near us has the nativity with Joesph and Mary only. Then a ways down they have the 3 wise men. I like that!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Love the view of the field and cows. The pumpkins can attract critters like the deer and bears. Your decorations look pretty. Have a great day and happy new week!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love the Christmas village and the nativity and also the knitted stockings. Big snow storm expected here, so it might make its way back to you later this week. I hope you have a good Sunday. See you again soon!

Rose said...

I love your decorations...

Bill said...

Nice decorations and quote. The pumpkins are well passed their used by date. :)

Granny Marigold said...

By enlarging the picture I could see the different ornaments clearly.
The "deflated" pumpkins made me smile.

Ann said...

Love your decorations. Your little village is adorable. My ex mother-in-law collected Hummel's and when she passed away my daughter got several of them. I don't think she had one like this though.

Lowcarb team member said...

I enjoyed seeing your decorations, I think your knitted stockings are brilliant :)

All the best Jan