Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, December 24, 2022

Coloring

 Another day like yesterday.
This morning it was -10 degrees and still very WINDY.
We had a high to day of 1 degree.
 A few snow showers around too.
Sunrise 7:35
Another day for walking in the basement 
and another train layout photo.


Did a load of laundry and hung it on my drying rack and 
that is about all the work I did today.

This coloring sheet came in the local newspaper.


Today I cut the pictures out and colored them.
I have always liked to color since I've been a little girl.


Finished reading Christmas at Thrush Green by Miss Read.
It is the last book in the Thrush Green series
and I liked all 13 books.

I will continue reading another series by Miss Read,
the Fairacre series.  I've read the first one a while back.

That's it for today.
Happy Saturday and Christmas Eve.
Thanks for visiting
👩🏻‍🦳happyone😊
🎄

Its Christmas Eve! 
Its the one night of the year when we all act a little nicer, 
we smile a little easier, 
we cheer a little more. 
For a couple of hours out of the whole year, 
we are the people that we always hoped we would be.
- Bill Murray -

Comment Replies:
Debbie - If you click on  the 'Walking ?' Page right under the header it will answer all your questions about my walk.

Aritha - Yes, we will be going to church tomorrow.  My grandmother was from the Netherlands. 😊 🇳🇱

13 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Merry Christmas Karen!

William Kendall said...

Merry Christmas to you

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Best wishes to you and your family for a Blessed Christmas.

God bless.

Granny Marigold said...

Colouring can be a lot of fun. I've seen some really nice colouring books that would be suitable for an adult.

Tom said...

...Ken doesn't miss a detail, I like the graffiti on the wall. Merry Christmas to you.

HWIT BLOGG said...

I love to paint! I have some fantastic colouring books on my desk - you never get too old for those books :)
MERRY CHRISTMAS...
Titti

Terra said...

I read a couple Miss Read books in that series and the Christmas one would be fun, especially in this holiday season.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. It was a very cold day for you. I like to color too. I find it very relaxing and sometimes when I can't sleep, I will color for a while and then I feel relaxed and can go to sleep. I hope you have a lovely Christmas Day.

Barwitzki said...

Wonderful words from Bill Murray... YES.
I sincerely wish you a Merry Christmas.
Hug Viola

Ann said...

Those temps sure are wicked. I enjoy seeing the train layout though.
Love your colored pictures.

eileeninmd said...

The train photo looks almost real, well done!
Merry Christmas to you and your family. I wish you joy and peace and all the best in 2023.

ellen b. said...

Merry Christmas Karen and Ken! For unto us a child is born!!

Rose said...

Though I don't do it often, I do still like to color, too.

I listened to a Miss Read book a week or two ago...and enjoyed it.