Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, December 16, 2022

Baby for Blankets Christmas lunch

32 degrees and I probably could have walked outside in town
but wasn't sure what the walking conditions were like so decided
to have another walk inside.

A neighborhood on the train layout.
You can see part of the ball park from yesterday on the right.


The roads were good so it was off to church for 
the Babies for Blankets Christmas lunch.
On the way there drove through some snow showers and once
at church it looked like a blizzard. 
Only lasted 5 minutes!!

We worked on blankets for a while and then quit working at 11:30.
Marilyn gave the devotional.
 
Each one of us brought an ornament and we played a game
of exchanging them.
I ended up with this one from Dorothy
which I loved and was my favorite ornament there.


Then it was time for eating.
We had Broccoli Cheese Soup and sandwiches and salads.
An assortment of cookies was dessert.
Planned on taking a picture but forgot till afterwards.

It was a fun time and so glad that it was just postponed
a day instead of cancelling it altogether.

It was after 2 when I got back home.
I had walked 3 miles in the basement in the morning
and walked the other 3 this afternoon.
Then it was time to make the pizza dough
and finally I sat down and read for a while.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Happy Friday
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳happyone😊


πŸŽ„    πŸŽ„    πŸŽ„

It seemed like the little Christmas tree wasn't so little after all. 
It seemed to grow taller and wider with all the decorations on it.
- Patricia Erickson -

17 comments:

Rose said...

That neighborhood looks so real...like from a time gone by.

I like the ornament you got.

Connie said...

Sweet post and I am glad to hear that you are not out walking on icy roads and sidewalks. Those little ice skates are so pretty and I love your husband's train and village . . . it's so Norman Rockwell :)

William Kendall said...

I do like the train details.

Tom said...

...thanks for sharing Ken's artistry, no detail goes unnoticed!

Hill Top Post said...

I am sure you had your eyes on that red ornament. You always manage to accomplish so much each day. Your cookies from yesterday’s post turned out beautifully.

Deb J. in Utah said...

That is such a cute Christmas ornament. The Blankets for Baby luncheon sounds wonderful. Glad you had another nice day. Have a good weekend.

Granny Marigold said...

That ornament is really nice. I'm glad you got the one that you liked best.
Hopefully tomorrow will be more suitable for walking outside.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love your ornament, and have one that is similar. The train layout...I looked at it before I read, and thought it was a photo you took of the scenery outside!!

Debby said...

Nice post. I like that train layout. It looks so real. Your ornament is nice and I like those ice skates, too. Wow on the 5 minute blizzard.

ellen b. said...

I like the ornament you came home with! Glad the luncheon was able to happen and that you made there and back safely!

Hootin Anni said...

I agree with Tom here, today!!

Ann said...

I enjoy seeing bits of the train set up.
Love the ornament you got. The broccoli soup sounds delicious. The little ice skates are adorable.

Bill said...

The neighborhood on the train layout looks so real.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Love the train village display! Your luncheon sounds nice and your ornament is pretty. Take care, stay warm! Have a great weekend!

Vee said...

So nice to gather together for lunch and fellowship and an ornament exchange. Your ornament really is cute. I like Ken's little neighborhood.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Glad you didn't take chances, and walked inside.

Merry Christmas!!!!!

Melanie said...

I'm fascinated by model train layouts! This one is so cute. I'm glad you were able to get together with your friends. I love your Blankets for Babies ministry. Have a Merry Christmas!