Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, December 15, 2022

A Fun Day Inside

 No walking outside for me today.
It was 27 degrees with a mix of freezing rain and freezing snow.
Had to walk loops in the basement.
Couldn't walk around the ball park loop outside but
I passed by one inside many times as I walked my loops
and this one had kids playing a game of baseball.


It sure was a good day for staying inside and I kept busy.

Finally got the icing made for the Christmas tree cookies I baked
and iced the cookies.
Ken thought they looked great but to me they looked a bit amateurish
but I'm sure they will taste good.


I've been knitting my afghan for the last couple of weeks but
today I put that aside to start making weave-it squares for
 the next baby blanket for January.
Will be making the afghan 60 inches.
It is now 30 inches.


Another thing I did today was make some To and From cards
out of old Christmas cards to put on gifts.
I just cut words or pictures out of cards with a pinking sears
and write To and From on them.


My yarn/craft closet has gotten to be quite a mess and today
I made a start on getting it organized once again.

Seemed like a good day for making soup.
Used the chicken that I cooked in the slow cooker yesterday.
Mmmmm it was good.

Thanks for visiting.
Happy Thursday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone😊
🎄


Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas
if you stop opening presents and listen.
unknown

Comment Replies:
Vee - Yes, the deer that was hard to see yesterday was a buck.

Debby - It is thought that each Roman's book that is handed out is read by 10 people.

21 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

I think your iced Christmas tree cookies look delicious :)

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...find and enjoy fun where you find it. Here today, it was a nasty day to be out.

Connie said...

Great idea for gift cards. If I were there, there would be one less cookie on that tray, LOL.

Vee said...

Those cookies look cute and tasty. If I could reach right in and take one, I would. Fun baseball game scene, too. There's a lot going on in Ken's Village.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I think your cookies look great! I always enjoy scenes of Ken's train village. Glad you had another good day!

Mari said...

I think that ball park is a nice one!
Your cookies look great!
Your tag idea is so smart. I'm going to have to do that next year.

Ginny Hartzler said...

We have the same weather here. Your cookies are so beautiful, and really professional looking! And your afghan is gorgeous! You do do many things SO well! Everything you put your hand to turns out wonderfully.

Hootin Anni said...

Yesterday here it was mid 70's. I walked the beach and watched the dolphins leading the ships along the channel.

Great looking cookies. I know how "messy" a yarn basket can get! .....play ball!!

Taylor said...

I'm already feeling the strong Christmas spirit

Ann said...

I agree with Ken, the cookies look great. I bet they are delicious too.
Great idea with the gift tags.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Chicken soup and cookies. Am I invited?

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
We had the same sleet/freezing rain yesterday, I hope the sun comes out today.
Ken does an amazing job in the train display. Your cookies look delicious. The afghan is beautiful. Take care, enjoy your weekend!

Debbie said...

The cookies look great! Sounds like the perfect day - all cozy and warm - doing things that make you happy.

Bill said...

Your chunky chicken soup sounds perfect right now. It's cold here and raining making the streets and footpaths a mess.

ellen b. said...

Your cookies look great to me! What a fun idea to cut those old cards with pinking shears and make tags for gifts. Very creative. That afghan looks nice and cozy on your lap. Have a good weekend!

Linda said...

Love the model railroad scene! You made good use of your day.

Jeanette said...

I have a ton of saved Christmas cards and should probably make tags like that with them. You cookies look cute and delicious, too!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

You said you were expecting an ice storm! I thought of you early this morning. 😊

The To From tags... Great idea.

We did not get the horrible snow predicted, for which we are very happy.

😊🎄🤶🎄😊

Rose said...

I played in a ballfield like that at school...it was so much fun.

Great idea for the Christmas cards.

William Kendall said...

The cookies look good.

Granny Marigold said...

I think the iced Christmas tree cookies look great!! And I think the to and from tags that you made are a super idea.