Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, December 09, 2022

A Busy Day


 31 degrees and clear for walking.
The moon was very bright so it wasn't quite as dark as usual.
Sunny once the sun rose at 7:26.
Most of my walk is done before sunrise.
Walked 6.2 miles


Walked through town and over to the industrial park and walked
around there for a change.

This road in the industrial park ends in a cul de sac and I walk to
the beginning of the woods.
I'm always tempted to walk through the woods because
it would take me to the ball park loop but it is private property so I don't. 
I've walked a little ways in a time or two but there isn't a path.
Really should find out who owns it and
ask if I could walk there.


Walked up and down the road between the main road and
the industrial park.


From there I went back to town and once around the ball park loop.
The man I see once in a while was running his laps there.

Lastly I went to the cemetery on the hill and walked around there.
Yesterday when Sheila and I were talking she told me the name of
one of her relatives who was buried there.
I recognized the name from seeing the gravestone as I pass it.
Today I snapped a picture of the gravestone.
 She died just shy of 100.


๐ŸŒ    ๐Ÿฅพ    ๐ŸŒค    ๐ŸŽ„

Spent the morning getting the house clean.

This afternoon I put out Christmas decorations.
I keep them in floor to ceiling round shaker boxes that stay out all
year round in the corner of the dining room.
Easy to get to, take out, and pack away again.
The Nativity set is out, my little Christmas village is set up
on the hutch and a little mini tree with lights is out as well.
A few other Christmasy things got set around the house
and Ken helped me string the lights on the front porch railing.
We still have to go and get the tree which we will cut down on our property.  
We don't have a lot of pine trees, only a few little scrub ones around 
and one of them will be perfect for us.

Thought about getting a fake one or buying a real one but didn't
realize how expensive they are.
The fake one I liked cost over $200 and a small real one at Lowe's was $64.  
Just can't see spending the money, especially because
we don't have the tree up very long.

While I was doing the Christmas decorating Ken cleaned the
gutter of leaves along the back of the house.

The rest of the afternoon I read and knitted.

Thanks for visiting.
Happy Friday
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณhappyone๐Ÿ˜Š
๐ŸŽ„

Best of all, Christmas means a spirit of love, 
a time when the love of God and the love of our fellow men 
should prevail over all hatred and bitterness, 
a time when our thoughts and deeds 
and the spirit of our lives manifest the presence of God.
- George F McDougall -

 I would add not just at Christmas time but ALL the time. 

18 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. The lady whose grave you took a picture of lived a good, long life. I often wonder what it would have been like to live my whole life in one place, because my life has been move, move, move, starting when I was only six. I think God must want me to learn something from all the moving, so I hope I have learned what he had in mind. :-) I hope you will share some pictures of your Christmas decorations. I know you have them in the round boxes, and I think that is a wonderful idea. Where did you get the boxes? Glad you had another good day. See you again soon!

Tom said...

...your first image is a BIG WOW!!!

Mari said...

Such pretty pictures today! I love the moon photos and the sunrise is gorgeous!
I bet the woods owner wouldn't mind you walking there. Hopefully you can figure out who owns it.
What a good idea to keep your decorations in boxes like that, and to have them easy to get to. I hate hauling my stuff up and down the stairs.

Vee said...

Yes, all the time. If you find out who the landowner is, it is very likely that permission would be given. You may already know him, her or them. ☺️ Nice to join with others celebrating Christmas. Perhaps after Christmas there'll be a nice sale on the tree you like. That's how I have usually purchased my trees. On these short, dark days of December, I am grateful for the tree lights.

Katja said...

Hi! My name is Katja and I usually read your blog through the Wordpress reader. I enjoy it. :) I wish I could get back into walking, but that probably won't happen again for awhile.

Thank you for the posts! :)

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your first photo is stunning! It looks like what they call a "Roll Cloud". I hope you will be showing photos of your decorations.

Hootin Anni said...

Pretty moon/sunrise shots!
I can see why you'd like to walk in the woods...and hope you find the landowner for permission.

You will share you Christmas with us soon, yes?

Ann said...

Oh that would be nice walking through the woods.
Nice way to store your decorations. I wish mine were that easy to get to. I've had an artificial tree for years and when my daughter told me how much they are paying for their real one every year I just about had a heart attack.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful photos. Thank you.

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- I set up our little Nativity Scene tonight- it is a little Wooden Stable with porcelean figures of Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus as well as the Three Wise Men, a carer of the Sheep carrying a Lamb- a Camel, a Cow and two Lambs- it is an excellent little set that we've had for ages- all hand painted and I've never seen another like it anywhere- very happy with the set. Best Wishes. KEV.

Debbie said...

While reading about how you store your decorations, I was reminded of this house we once visited, where they had a huge living room with enormous ceilings. They had a big set of doors that would open into a storage room, right off the living room. When you opened the doors, their fully decorated Christmas tree would slide out on an electronic platform and into the spot where they left it for the season. When the season was over, they would open the doors to the storage room and slide it back and there it would stay until the next year! It was a brilliant set up.

Have a great weekend!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I love your sky images, they are all beautiful.
I have been cutting back on my decorating, I have a couple of tiny pre-lit trees. Have a wonderful weekend!

Jeanette said...

It's always nice to put Christmas decorations out. I love that you keep them in shaker boxes in your dining room. Great idea!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love your snowy banner at the top! I hope you've had a good walk today. It's foggy here! Hugs, Diane

Bill said...

Beautiful photos, Karen. We have chilly temps and a bit of rain today. The streets and footpaths very icy.

ellen b. said...

That's a long time on earth for that lady. The moon has lit up the sky these last few nights. Trees have gotten so expensive and that's why we decided to get a fake one. I do like the more expensive fake trees but ended up with one for $99 bucks half price at Hobby Lobby. It is snowing and snowing and snowing some more here!!

William Kendall said...

Beautiful shots.

Lowcarb team member said...

I agree with Tom ..."your first image is a BIG WOW!!!"

All the best Jan