Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, November 09, 2022

Wednesday

The Morning Moon


 35 degrees this morning for walking.
A bit of a breeze but the sun was shining.
Sunrise 6:55
Walked 5.7 miles

Walked around both cemeteries and the ball park.
Then around town up and down all the streets.

The sheds behind the abandoned house are getting worked on.



This is taken from the other side on the main road.


The corn on the right side of the road up to the cemetery
has been cut down too.

The left of the road to the lower cemetery that was overgrown
has been mowed down.
I bet they chased away a lot of rabbits.
Would see lots of them around there.


I saw Joy and then Lisa walking but they were both far away and
I don't think they even saw me.

🌤    🥾    🙂

Another sunny day so did another load of wash.
One of these days I'll be having to use the drying rack inside.

Did the normal every day house chores.

Still nice and sunny out this afternoon so we went outside
and walked around a bit.
Came back inside and I read a little more and
continued knitting on the ripple afghan.

Supper tonight was left over meatloaf from yesterday.
Today we had it on sandwiches with a few potato chips on the side.

Thanks so much for the visit.
Happy Wednesday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🙂

20 comments:

Debby said...

Sounds like a good day for you. I enjoy meatloaf sandwiches. I guess the rabbits will have to hop on over to another fun place for winter.

Tom said...

...it will be interesting to see how that building turns out.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love cold meatloaf sandwiches!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Meatloaf sandwiches with potato chips sounds delicious. I think I will be making another meatloaf again soon. So glad you had another nice day. Still cold and cloudy here, but the rain has stopped. See you again tomorrow.

Bill said...

The shed is looking good.

LC said...

Shivering while absorbing your 35 degree walk. It's about 68 degrees here as I'm getting ready to go tp prayer meeting.at our church. Hubby has the ceiling fan on and the windows open. This time of year we can have really cool weather one day and hot weather the next here on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.

NanaDiana said...

Love your walks and that you are so faithful with them. We have a temp breaking record tomorrow with it being around 70˚F. Then it drops into the 20s for highs for a week. UGH. Now I am hungry for meatloaf! Happy walking- xo Diana

Vee said...

ahhhh...meatloaf! I haven't made any for too long. Sounds as if the crops are all cleared up, which is good for getting rid of critters.

Mari said...

Nice to see the sheds being worked on.
My hubby is a meat loaf lover. I should make it again!

William Kendall said...

That first shot speaks to me.

Granny Marigold said...

That first picture with the full moon is a good one. We had clear skies so I was able to see the moon both before I went to bed and when we left to go walking in the morning.

Taylor said...

Beautiful weather to start a busy day

Ann said...

Always fun walking around your town with you. Meatloaf sandwich sounds good.

eileeninmd said...

Pretty capture of the moon! Sounds like you had a great day!

Take care, enjoy your day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

That's the same moon we had last night. Funny how it can travel long distances so quickly.

God bless.

Retired Knitter said...

Moving into my favorite season - winter.

Michelle said...

To me, a meatloaf sandwich is some true comfort food.

Debi said...

Looks like a really nice day to walk. I love leftover meatloaf sandwiches... one of my favorites!

Hootin Anni said...

I love the"frosty, foggy" view of the early morning light. I can almost hear the dried leaves falling as you walk.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your first photograph showing the moon ... lovely.

All the best Jan