Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, November 10, 2022

Cupcakes

35 degrees this morning, no wind, and sunny.
Sunrise - 6:56
Walked 6 miles

Started out wearing 4 layers and a hood up over a hat. 
I got warm rather quickly and the first layer came off.
Then the hood and the hat and then another layer.
By the time I got back to the Jeep it was 53 degrees!!!

Walked all over town and around the industrial park.


This is the farm behind the Industrial park.
Now that the leaves are gone I can see it again.


Walked back through town and around the lower cemetery a couple of times.

Fun little things keep being added to this mailbox at the lot of land that
was sold across from the lower cemetery.
It started with just the pumpkins and mums.

I was petting the cemetery cat and the neighbor started talking to me
about the cat.
He told me the cat was a male and his name is KitCat.
Said he was a great mouser and had the mice and chipmunk
population in the area under control.

Was surprised to see this progress on the drive thru bank.
Maybe they will continue working and finally get it done.


The sheds are progressing too.

The only person I saw out walking this morning was Lisa.

Another great walk in this fall weather.

☀️     🥾    🙂

Last night at church Jackie gave me the money wrapped in aluminum foil 
for the money cupcakes.
The money cupcakes are for the kids in Sunday School.
It's an annual thing and I've been baking the cupcakes for
a bunch of years now.
Today I baked and iced 6 dozen cupcakes. 
I've explained all about the money cupcakes
HERE in a post some years ago.
Also in that post is a picture of our house being built.


 I went outside mid afternoon for a while to walk around
Happy Trails and pick up more deadfall.


We made our pizza today instead of tomorrow.
Have a busy day tomorrow and won't feel like making it when we get home.

That's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Thursday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🙂

It's Thursday and it really feels like a Thursday. 
Sometimes things just work out. 😄
- Dimitri Martin -

26 comments:

Tom said...

...thanks for the update on the renovations of the old building.

Granny Marigold said...

It's great that the cemetery cat keeps the rodent population down. I'm afraid our cat is too interested in the birds that come to the feeder and now they hesitate to come around. Mice and such she can gladly catch but not birds!!
6 dozen cupcakes is a lot of work even if you are using mixes. It's a good thing that you're willing to do that.

Hill Top Post said...

I am not looking forward to those four layer days, but our weather guy is telling us to get ready. I enjoyed looking back at your money cupcake post, but 15 degrees is way too cold! I also love your first picture.

Debby said...

I bet your place smelled of nice warm cupcakes all day. I have always loved cupcakes; even before it was cool to like cupcakes. My favorite is just a simple yellow cupcake with chocolate frosting. We have a place here in town that makes those designer-type cupcakes. My daughter-in-law always buys them. One cupcake is $4.00 For just a cupcake. Granted it does taste pretty good as it should for that amount. Of course, they are cheaper by the dozen. for $36. The mini cupcakes are $21 for a dozen. Too rich for my blood. So happy my DIL buys them. I'll be happy baking my own simple yellow cupcake.

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a treat to finally get to see KitCat!

Ann said...

I bet the kids love those cupcakes. Not only a delicious cupcake but a prize inside.

eileeninmd said...

Pretty landscapes! I like the decorations and flowers near the mailbox.
I am sure the cupcakes will be popular. Take care, have a great day and happy weekend.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

A very decorative mailbox. Cheerful.

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen-we are in Spring - a hot day today at 26Deg C - we'll soon be in shorts and a T shirt...certainly glad to see the end of Winter. Best Wishes. KEV

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I think it is so fun that you bake cupcakes with money in them. I bet the kids love that! Your package arrived yesterday and the slippers are just great! What a wonderful surprise. I am wearing the green pair right now - put them on as soon as I got up. They are just great and keep my feet so warm and comfy. Thank you so much for your kindness! Have a wonderful day!

Hootin Anni said...

Lordy!!! That's a lotta cupcakes!!

Retired Knitter said...

Sometimes it is hard to find a good “mouser.” Some cats won’t hunt if they are well fed. that cat looks well fed! But still does his job! Excellent.

NanaDiana said...

What fun those money cupcakes are for the kids!!!! It looks like they might get the bank finished in the not too distant future.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. xo Diana

Linda said...

That mailbox is cute! Kitkat looks well fed.

Vee said...

Kitkat is a good name and I am glad that he is a good mouser among other things. Hope that you're missing out on Nicole today.

Connie said...

Wow, when I went back to read the past cupcake post I was amazed at the date of the post. It doesn't seem that long ago when you were building your home. Time flied doesn't it!

Barwitzki said...

You did a good job with that amount of cupcakes... I made my apple pie just for my husband and I, delicious - ah yes, I gave the neighbor a big piece... he was very happy :-))
Many greetings to you. Today is November 11th. and actually the carnival season starts with us, but Corona has curbed that a lot.
Nevertheless... Hellau, that's how the greeting goes :-))))

Bill said...

Love the cat's name, it made me smile.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Wonder, do owners add to mailbox? Or do others? ;-)

Make pizza ahead of time, yes! I had a half a dinner in freezer and we will have that tonight.. Just bake a potato to go with it. Yess!!!!

Waiting for the end of the hurricane to get here. Did shopping this morning. Don't wan to go out later or tomorrow. Our pizza will be delivered to our door. :-)))))

🍎🍁🍂🍁🍎

Happy@Home said...

I am always happy to see stray cats in the field next to our house for that very reason... mouser :).
I remember the coin filled cupcakes. After all of the cookies and pumpkin loaves you have been baking, it is especially nice of you to bake all of those cupcakes. The kids will love them.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Michelle said...

That's a lot of cupcakes to bake!

William Kendall said...

That kitty is a darling.

Susie said...

I was laughing while reading about the layers and you taking them off as you walked about. Bless your heart. I like the idea of cupcakes. seems less messy with kids too. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Mari said...

Kitcat is a cute name! I like the mail box items - fun!
I remember the money cupcakes. I'm sure that's something the kids look forward too.
The sheds are looking good!

Rose said...

I love that mailbox...such a cheerful sight. That is a lot of cupcakes!