Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, November 08, 2022

Tuesday

 A chilly 31 degrees this morning but there was no wind
and the sun was shining.
It was really quite pleasant and I had a great walk.
Sunrise 6:54
Walked a tad over 6 miles.

Walked around both cemeteries.
The corn is being cut down and now I can see the barn once again
from the cemetery.


This is the new barn from the lower cemetery now that the corn is cut down.


Here I'm walking up to the other cemetery.
One side of the road the corn has been cut.


This is the new barn from the road going up to the cemetery.


This is the piece of farm equipment used in cutting down the corn.


Next I headed over to the ball park loop and walked around there twice.
Then walked down the main road toward home a ways.
Back to town and down a few more side streets.

The main road goes down the middle of town.
A road to the left of it is the road were the cemeteries, ball park,
and post office are.
The road to the right of the main road passes by the library
and town hall.

Lisa was out walking and saw John too.

No school because of election day so no school buses today.
Lots of activity at the fire house where people were voting.
Nice to see it so busy!!

A man was driving a car all over town that I usually see parked 
by a house in town. 
He finally stopped and asked me,
"Have you seen a dog running around on your travels today?"
  I told him sorry but no.
It made me smile they way he asked - 'on your travels'.

🌤    🥾    🙂

A sunny day so got another load of laundry done and out on the line.

Then we went to Casselmans Market.
We picked up our Thanksgiving turkey and some other holiday food.  
We just got a turkey breast because we all just like the white meat.

Made a stop at the library to pick up yet another DVD.

This afternoon I baked some more chocolate chip cookies for the
Drane house bake sale.  
Pumpkin bread and 6 dozen cookies are now done and only
the 5 dozen Welsh Cookies are left to bake.
Nice that everything freezes so well.

Supper this evening was
Meat Loaf, baked potatoes, and French cut beans.

I'll do some reading this evening.
Then when we watch a DVD I'll knit more of the afghan.
No ice cream tonight - a few of those cookies I saved for us.

That's it for today.
Thanks for popping in.
Happy Tuesday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🙂

14 comments:

Tom said...

...a few corn field are waiting to be harvested her. Our house is being remodelled so this year our daughter is hosting Thanksgiving.

Bill said...

Lovely photos from your walk. I like the view of the barn in the first photo.

Hootin Anni said...

If that is a combine (corn harvester), they have really changed since I was a kid on my grandparents farm (1950's)

Mari said...

I ended up driving behind one of those combines for a while last week. They don't travel fast!
Nice to see the blue skies on your photos today. We had cold with blue skies too.
Good job on all the baking for the sale.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Dinner sounds so good...an old fashioned comfort meal.

William Kendall said...

Figures that the corn is being cut. Not much time left before the snow.

Debby said...

I love a good meatloaf! I haven't had one in a while. Too hot in the summer to bake a meatloaf. Sure could go for one now. We're almost as cold as you!

Your photos are so pretty - the colors of the red barns and the golden color of the corn as the sun shines through it.

I have heard that the election turnout has been better than in previous years. But nothing will change. The main thing was our local election and some crucial measures for our area. But for the state - it will stay the same.

Hill Top Post said...

I had been wondering when the corn would be harvested. Our son usually brings the turkey so that's one thing I can check off the list. This is my favorite time of year for walking.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I hope he found the dog.

God bless.

Ann said...

That is some machine they use to cut down the corn.
Hope that guy was able to find his dog.

eileeninmd said...

Great series of photos, I like the shot with the barn in the distance.
I hope the dog was found too. The meatloaf for dinner sounds good to me.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Debbie said...

Your photography is so fun to see every day :) I especially love the one with cut corn on one side and tall corn on the other. Every time I read your "travels" for the day, it feels like I'm getting to know your little town. Enjoy your cookies :)

Rose said...

Most crops are in here, but still a few left. It makes me wonder if they are even going to be harvested.

Linda said...

Very pretty scenes.