Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, November 01, 2022

Walking in the rain again

 Pretty warm at 58 degrees this morning when I walked.
It was cloudy but threw my rain slicker in the Jeep
just in case the rain came earlier than expected.
And it did.
After a few miles had to go back and retrieve the slicker.
Rain slicker kept the top half of me dry but my pants were soaked.
Sunrise 7:46
Walked 5.8 miles


Took my usual walk all around town, the ball park loop and
both cemeteries.

Rebecca was out this morning running and she was soaking wet!!

Not much happening around town on this early Tuesday morning.


☁️    🌧    πŸ₯Ύ    πŸ™‚

Food shopping day.
This week we went to the Shop and Save.
(ice cream was on sale)

Stopped at the library on the way home to return two DVD's.
The first season of a series we are watching called 
This is Us which we liked. I just happened to come across it
looking through the DVD's.  I had never heard of it.
The other was a movie The Park Bench which we enjoyed.
Today I picked up the second season of This is Us
and other book.

Did some more baking today.
This time it was Chocolate Chip cookies for the bake sale.
I made for dozen and still have to make another dozen.

Spent some time this afternoon
reading and knitting.

Never got around to doing any cleaning.
That will have to wait until tomorrow.

Thanks for popping in for a visit.
Make your day a happy one.
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳happyoneπŸ™‚




Comment Replies:
MsBB - The ripple afghan is knitted and the baby blanket is made with weave-its. You can learn about Weave-its HERE.

19 comments:

Bill said...

Mice photos, I like the reflection of the trees. The bake sale is sounding good with the addition of chocolate chip cookies, who can resist them. I know I can't. :)

Rose said...

I will have to check for This is Us and see if it is anywhere.

Lowcarb team member said...

... our November has also started wet!

What flavour ice-cream did you buy?

All the best Jan

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I like rainy days. I have heard of This is Us, but never watched it. We don't seem to watch a lot network TV. We have been enjoying old Perry Mason's as I mentioned on my blog. I hope you have another good day tomorrow. We are supposed to get rain and snow.

Tom said...

...we had a bit of drizzle, but some serious rain would be welcomed.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your first photo is lovely, with the misty mountains in the background. We watched all of This Is Us. It was highly acclaimed, and really good.

Vee said...

Sounds as if you are getting plenty of rain these past few days. Congrats to Japhy on his license. All these grands are getting their wheels.

ellen b. said...

That really does sound like a warm start to the day! We have been having rain the last couple of days here. I watched This is Us for a couple seasons when it was on TV. Ice Cream sales are a must these days!

Hootin Anni said...

Rain here too. You will see the cloud bank if you visit my blog today.
I've been on an ice cream cone kick hear of late. Odd, even for me.

Pretty photos today.

Ann said...

It's been foggy here but no rain to speak of.
I started watching this is us last year or the year before. I had a hard time at first because of the way they jumped back and forth between the past and present. I did like the series but was rather disappointed with how the whole thing ended.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Ice cream sales are important! I enjoyed the series This is Us, I wish it did not end. Take care, enjoy your day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Have you ever tried singing and dancing in the rain? It could catch on as a trend.

God bless.

Jeanette said...

This is Us is really good and was very popular when it was on TV. I was sorry to see it end. It's nice to be able to watch the whole series without having to wait season to season.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The mums and pumpkins sure are beautiful! I hope you've had a nice walk this morning. Enjoy your day!

Sandi said...

a peaceful walk

Thanks for taking us along!

😊

Beside a babbling brook... said...

You seem to be getting the rain before it can come over and up to us!

🍁🍁🍁🍁

HWIT BLOGG said...

It´s been very foggy here too...not a nice weather at all for a walk. November can be sooo dull and grey, I hope it will come some sunny days too this month :)
Lovely pictures and have a great week!!
Titti

Granny Marigold said...

We had our first frost and the air was chilly for walking.
I made my grocery list this morning but our shopping day is Friday. Ice cream is not on sale but I check that area anyway just in case. I saw in the flyer that there's a flavour out for Fall called Cranberry/vanilla with shards of chocolate. Hmmm. I'd try it in a small container but not in a bigger one.

William Kendall said...

The mums are pretty.