Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, November 02, 2022

Purple Sky

 50 degrees this morning and dry.
Both sun and clouds.
Sunrise 7:47
Walked 5.7 miles

Saw a 4 point buck down the road from the house as I drove to town.
Don't see many bucks around here.

The sky was purple this morning.
Isn't that pretty!!!


Walked through town and back.
Around both cemeteries and the ball park
and then around town some more.


I noticed that two benches were placed at the Drane house.
I went and sat on both of them for a second.


I liked this location best.


Saw John walking his dog Prim, the man who runs laps around
the ball park was there and as I was leaving town saw
Joy just getting to the cemeteries.

I saw a man taking pictures of the house in town that has been
left to slowly deteriorate and stopped to asked if something was
going to happen with the house.
(Those trusses left to rot are behind this house)


The man I talked has been trying to get the owner to do something
with the house.  (not sure who he works for but he is an official)
The eyesore is now becoming a hazard.
It is such a shame to have it sit here like this.
It's been like this for the 9 years we've lived here.
 Some kind of legal action is the next step.

Nice getting back home and remaining dry. ๐Ÿ™‚
The last two days I've been wet.

๐ŸŒค    ๐Ÿฅพ    ๐Ÿ˜Š

Got a slow cooker of Vegetable Bean Soup going first thing
after breakfast.
I usually make this on the stove as the recipe says to
but decided to use the slow cooker instead.
I'll be doing that from now on.

Finally got a little house cleaning done today.

It's always nice to leave some time for reading and knitting.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Happy Wednesday
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณhappyone๐Ÿ™‚


Comment Replies:
Jan - I picked out two cartons of Fudge Brownie which I love!  Ken picked out two cartons of chocolate.

18 comments:

William Kendall said...

A beautiful dawn.

Tom said...

...the roof on the abandoned house still look square and that's a good sign.

Granny Marigold said...

IF that house is still in fairly good condition it seems like it could be sold and fixed up. Veg. Bean soup sounds good. I think I'll make that too. Thanks for the idea. I'll bake bread to go with it.

Lowcarb team member said...

Beautiful colour sky.
Thanks for your reply to my ice-cream question ... enjoy.

All the best Jan

Bill said...

Looks like the house could use a new owner and some TLC. It's a pity it's just wasting away.

Debby said...

Abandoned homes and buildings here get broken into and the criminal homeless take them over. Once occupied, it could take years to get them out. Our city tries to hold the property owners accountable - but then all these groups threaten to sue. So nothing gets done till a tragic event happens, like a fire. It’s a mess.

Mari said...

That was a pretty sunrise! You had a nice sunny day today.
The Drane house looks pretty with those golden leaves around it.
I hope the house gets a little love and gets fixed.

Ginny Hartzler said...

That poor house!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Seems like someone could buy the house and fix it up. Looks like it was once a very nice home and could be that again! I like the benches by the Drane House. I hope you have a good evening. See you again tomorrow.

Vee said...

Nice benches at the Drane house. I hope that the town fathers (mothers, too) are on the case where that poor house is rotting away. That porch house is pretty close to collapse. Hopefully, some kind of rescue will come. We have a few homes like this in town. So sad.

Hootin Anni said...

Pretty purple sky!!! Is your camera settings on panoramic? I love the wide views.

Ann said...

That purple sky is beautiful.
So sad about that house. I often wonder what happens that a house gets abandoned and left to deteriorate like that.
The vegetable bean soup sounds really good,

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I like your writing on the mirror.

God bless.

Debbie said...

I just love reading about your days :)

Sandi said...

That house is so close to the road! Maybe that's why the owner doesn't want to invest in it.

ellen b. said...

What fun to see the 4 point Buck! Hopefully someone will get the owners of the eyesore to clean it up.

Henny Penny said...

The sky is purple and beautiful! Your walks sound so fun. Wait until I tell Poppy you've been seeing a buck along the way. :)

Jeanette said...

It's a shame about that house! It looks like it was a nice house with a lot of character!