Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, October 31, 2022

Rainy Walk

 49 degrees when I started out walking this morning.
At first it was cloudy, then after a mile down came the rain.
Not heavy but a steady rain.
Didn't see any sun but it rose behind the clouds at 7:45.
Walked 5.6 miles

Walked the main road, up and down some side roads,
then the ball park loop and both cemeteries.

Didn't see anyone else out walking.


Looks like the lot across the street from the lower cemetery has been sold.
The For Sale sign is gone 
and a mailbox has been put up.
Some mums, pumpkins, and solar lights are around too.
I picture one of those Tiny House there.


I noticed behind the bank where they are still working on the
drive thru that some little trusses have been delivered.
Hopefully now they will build the actual drive thru building.

☁️    🥾    🌧    🙂

A rainy day seemed to be a good day to get started on the
baking for the Drane house bake sale.
I made 7 little Pumpkin Breads.
They freeze great so they will be fine in the freezer till the sale.
Giving the bake sale 6 and saving the 7th one for us.
You can find the recipe HERE.


The November Baby Blanket is completed.
A nice colorful one.
If you'd like, you can see it 

I'm not going to make any more squares till the next Baby Blanket
work day at church.
Till then I'll be working on a knitted ripple afghan for myself.
Will come in handy on cold winter evenings.
Plan on making two - one for me and one for Ken.
I've gotten started already with the first one.



That's been my day.
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Monday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone😊



20 comments:

Bill said...

The pumpkin bread looks great and I like the different colours in the baby blanket. Have a wonderful evening.

Debi said...

The baby blanket is lovely and you're right... very colorful! My mom used to knit ripple afghans, they were so warm and cozy. It will be fun to follow the building of the new house on the empty lot! Have a great week!

Rose said...

Pumpkin bread sounds so good. I saw the baby blanket...I just think they look so cozy and warm.

And I love the colors in the ripple afghan.

Debby said...

You are amazing

Mari said...

The weather was similar here.
I made a ripple afghan, but mine was crocheted. It's a good winter project! Keeps you warm when you are working on it. :)

Tom said...

...pumpkin bread would be a treat.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The bread looks erfect. And the quilt is lovely, lots of bright colors for a baby to love.

Hill Top Post said...

Your house must smell heavenly after having baked all of those loaves of pumpkin bread. If I baked seven loaves, I know for sure that only six would go into the freezer. :~) I love a rainy day, even for walking.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I love the fun colorful baby blanket! I really like colorful things. The loaves of pumpkin bread look so good and make me hungry. If I lived nearby I would go to the bake sale for sure and get some. I love how you walk in the rain. I am afraid I have been retreating to the basement to exercise on rainy days lately. I must be a wimp. ;-) I hope you have a good week. See you again soon!

Granny Marigold said...

We walked in fairly heavy rain this morning but we carried umbrellas and didn't get very wet. Just my jeans from the knees down.
The pumpkin loaves look good and so does the colourful baby blanket for November.

Ann said...

That pumpkin bread sure looks good. I bet it smelled heavenly when it came out of the oven.
I guess no one else was brave enough to walk in the rain besides you.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Your pumpkin bread looks yummy! The blanket colors are pretty.
You have been busy, walking baking and knitting.
Take care, enjoy your day and have a great week ahead.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The bread looks very tasty. Thanx.

God bless.

Lisa said...

We had had some wet foggy weather here too. Due to my Husband working late most days, we never go out for our evening walk anymore. Where we live, It’s not safe after dark.
Your pumpkin bread looks soo good!!
Lisa

Hootin Anni said...

Love the geometric design of your baby blanket. The breads look great.

It's raining here, now.

ellen b. said...

That's great that you have so many loaf pans and can bake a few loaves at a time! Those afghans will be nice and cozy when things start freezing! Happy November to you.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

We missed the rain...

But this weekend is looking "Ifffy". :-)

Are these items knitted or crocheted? I could not learn to knit, but wondering if I could manage crochet? Seems like bigger needles and not so teeeeeny, tinnnnny 'stitches.' Maybe?????? >;-)

🔥 💛 🔥

Happy@Home said...

Your Halloween weather looks just like ours. Thankfully the rain ended before the trick or treaters got started. Smart idea to get those pumpkin loaves in the freezer. They look so good. I'm off to check out the blanket. Happy November.

Lowcarb team member said...

The pumpkin bread looks good :)

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

That's a lot of bread!