Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, November 07, 2022

Walking in the light

A calm sunny morning and 49 degrees.
Sunrise 6:53 and first light at 6:25
so no walking in the dark.
So Nice!!!
Walked 6 miles

No clouds in the sky, just a pretty deep blue sky.


 First walked around both cemeteries and around the block.
Stopped back at the Jeep and picked up a book to drop down
the library book drop as I walked past the library.
Continued walking around town and over to the ball park loop
and walked around there a couple of times.
Then back to the Jeep.

A woman drops her little girl Kinsley 
 off at the day care center next to the church and Kinsley
for some reason has taken a liking to me.
She hops out of the car and runs over to me to say Hi Ms Karen.
I saw her this morning standing in front of the house on the sidewalk
with a couple other kids waiting for the school bus.
Think they are about 7 years old.
As I came walking down the street she put her arms out and said to the other kids,
"Here comes Ms Karen the walking lady.
Stand back, stand back."
I was talking to them when their bus pulled up and off to school they went.

Lisa was out walking and we commented on how nice it was to 
be walking in daylight!!
Saw Joy too but she was too far away to talk to.

This is one of the few flowers I still see blooming walking around town.



Got the sheets washed and hung out on the line and then
we went down to Oakland and got a few errands done.

Did my daily house chores this afternoon.

Just finished reading The Victory Garden by Rhys Bowen which I really enjoyed!!
Never read any of her books before but will be reading more.


That's all I have for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Monday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🙂

23 comments:

LC said...

Loved the interaction with the kids and that one little girl sharing her acquaintance with "the walking lady"!

Debi said...

Glad you are enjoying walking in the daylight. I read Victory Garden during the pandemic and I liked it very much. Just read another similar themed book call the The Girls of Victory Street. It was also very good. Have a great week!

Tom said...

...I'm glad that you had a good day for your walk.

Lowcarb team member said...

I will be putting The Victory Garden by Rhys Bowen on my reading list :)

All the best Jan

Bill said...

Very cute to be known as the "walking lady".

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. That os so cute that little Kinsley calls you "the walking lady." What a great thing to be knows as! You always have good book suggestions, so I will be looking for The Victory Garden. WWI is an interesting time period. I hope you have a good week.

Rose said...

It was a nice day, here, too. A bit cool but I am not complaining.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful sky!

Mari said...

That's a pretty blue sky!
I love the story of the kids, so sweet that Kinsley knows you and loves you. My daughter watches a baby whose name is Kinsley. :)
That book sounds very interesting.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The flowers are beautiful, and I just love your story about Kinsley!!

Hill Top Post said...

I love those deep blue skies. I am noticing how far south the sun is in the sky now. In just over a month, it will have gone as far as it will go. Your little friend just well might become the next Walking Lady. :~)

Debby said...

Little kids are so cute and how they relate to their world. They notice more than grown ups are aware of and they so want to be a part of the everyday life and that includes you. She’s obviously very aware. Very sweet.

Hootin Anni said...

The walking lady!!! I L❤️VE that title.

Ann said...

How cute that was with the kids. I like how she called you the walking lady.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The little girl sounds cute, you are the walking lady.
Pretty sky and love the flowers.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Debbie said...

It seems you've made a friend :) My granddaughter is 7 and I can picture her doing something similar.

What a fun change, to be walking in the light these days! That's one part of the time change that I do enjoy :)

Have a great day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What beautiful flowers. Best wishes.

God bless.

R's Rue said...

So beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Jeanette said...

It's so nice that's it's light earlier in the morning now! How cute that the little girl took a liking to you!

Inger said...

How appropriate the walking lady is for you. And how I admire you for it.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

I thought of you, with the morning light!!!!

That little girl is so cute!

Sounds like a cozy book, for a cozy afternoon or evening read.

🍎❤🍎❤🍎❤🍎

Granny Marigold said...

How sweet that the little girl has taken a liking to you and even herds the others out of your way. smile.
That Rhys Bowen book sounds interesting. I'll check if our library has it. I'm always glad to have books recommended.

Happy@Home said...

That is so sweet how Kinsley has taken a liking to you.
I am putting that book on my list. It sounds right up my alley. I especially enjoy books about herbs and gardening. Thanks so much for sharing the picture of the summary.