Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Tuesday

27 degrees this morning for walking.
No wind and it was sunny.
Sunrise 7:10
Walked 6 miles

Drove the Jeep to town this morning and walked around town.
Started out up the hill to the cemetery and KitCat was walking up that road too. 
When I said Hi there KitCat, he turned around came to see me.
Gave him his usual pet and scratch under his chin.
He followed me a ways up the hill and then went his own way.

Went around the cemetery and then to see the bulls.
They didn't even get up to see me today.


Continued walking to the ball park and walked around there
and then back to the other cemetery and a couple loops around it.


Continued walking up the other side of town, past our old house,
and back again.

Saw both Lisa and Joy walking and stopped to talk each of them.
Joy, I saw twice.

Funny story about me walking in the cold.
Some years ago when we lived in town I got up and the thermometer 
read 11 degrees and it was also snowing.
I put on an extra layer and out the door I went.
Though I wasn't too cold, it was a bit colder than I thought.
About this time I see Ken coming down the road in the car.
He stopped and said, Get in the car, it is too cold for you to be out
here walking.  
I said it's 11 degrees.
He said no it isn't, it's MINUS 1.
I had read the thermometer wrong!!
So I hopped in the car and went home to a nice warm house.

☀️    πŸ₯Ύ    😊    πŸ¦ƒ

Ken went to the Shop and Save alone this morning.
I wanted to get started on cleaning the bathroom.
If I go out when I get home, don't feel like cleaning.
Washed the French door windows.
The sun shines on them in the afternoon and didn't want to be eating 
turkey and have to look at dirty windows.

All the cleaning is done so tomorrow I can concentrate
on baking and getting ready for the big day.

Thanks for popping in for a visit.
Happy Tuesday
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳happyone😊

Comment Replies:
Ginny - No will power needed for me to get out and walk. I like it and hate when I miss a day.  I need will power NOT to walk!! πŸ˜€ On the days I don't walk are the days Ken usually advises me not to go. 

GrannyM and Vee - I'll be baking pumpkin pies. Usually make one pumpkin and one apple but everyone eats the pumpkin so just making two pumpkin this year. 

17 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

I like your photographs ...
You did well with the cleaning ...

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

Good shots!

I get a good amount of walking in.

Mari said...

Those bulls are getting stuck up, when they don't greet you! :)
Good job on getting your cleaning done and being able to concentrate on your baking. I have to work tomorrow, but other people are doing the baking. I have things to do Thanksgiving morning, like turkey, mashed potatoes, a corn dish...
I love that Ken is watching out for you and came to get you. :)

Tom said...

...we have been enjoying day like yours.

Vee said...

That Ken keeps his eye on you is a very good thing! ☺️

Sounds as if you have everything under control. I know your
home will be warm and welcoming for Thanksgiving. πŸ¦ƒ

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Charly baked the pumpkin pies for our Thanksgiving dinner with our daughter. I know that you will have a lovely Thanksgiving - you and Ken and David and Liz. So glad that Ken watches out for you. ;-) See you again soon and Happy Thanksgiving!

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a funny story! Looks like the bulls consider you one of the family now! How many will you have at thanksgiving?

ellen b. said...

It's nice that Ken is looking out for your best! Enjoy your baking and getting ready for Thanksgiving Day!

roughterrain crane said...

Hello. You are a long distance walker! Keep warm and enjoy the season

Ann said...

I've read the clock wrong before but I don't think I've ever read a thermometer wrong.
I'm the same way, if I go out I don't get any cleaning done once I get back home. I have to do it before I leave or not at all.

eileeninmd said...

Love the bulls, no photo of Kitkat? I am doing some last minute cleaning today, hubby will help too. Ken is taking good care of you. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. Take care, have a great day!

Debbie said...

Have a happy thanksgiving!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Oh mercy, glad Ken came!!!!

Enjoy your prep, because I'm sure you do.

Speaking of doors needing g cleaning... our patio doors are more than I need!

πŸ—πŸŒ°πŸ—πŸŒ°πŸ—πŸŒ°πŸ—

Bill said...

Glad you got picked up by Ken, sometimes it gets a bit nippy out there. Enjoy your day getting ready for the big day. :)

Jeanette said...

Looks like a nice sunny morning for your walk! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Granny Marigold said...

Looks like you had a pleasant morning for walking. Us too. No wind is great. Yesterday we walked in pouring rain, that was less pleasant, but I still feel much better when I have my walk.
Happy Thanksgiving.

Rose said...

That is funny about the minus 11!