Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, November 21, 2022

Back to outside

15 degrees when I left the house on my walk this morning.
It was calm and sunny.
Sunrise  7:08
Walked 5.8 miles

Left the Jeep at home and walked to town.
It is 2 miles to town so figured if the sidewalks and side roads
were icy in town at least I could walk a good 4 miles or so.


Once in town I saw that MOST of the sidewalks and side streets
were clear and so it was good for walking.

The pond has a light coating of ice on it.


Walked around the cemetery on top of the hill and through town.
 
Didn't see anyone else out walking but then I wasn't in town
for very long.

Then headed the last 2 miles back home.






Nice to walk outside again.

😊    🥾    ☀️

Got started on this weeks housework.
Dusted, vacuumed, and cleaned the half bath.

Putting some silverware away I noticed that the drawer and
tray could use a cleaning so took care of that.

Went over the menu for Thanksgiving and all is good.
I'll make the pies on Wednesday.
David and Liz will be joining us for turkey day.

Had a nice big salad for supper topped with cut up chicken.

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Monday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🙂

🦃    🦃    🦃

16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

It must take quite a bit of willpower to leave your warm home and venture out in 15 degrees! No wonder you didn't see anyone else out!

Tom said...

...wow, you still have snow, our snow has melted and there is no ice to be found.

Granny Marigold said...

Definitely better to be able to walk outside! What kind of pies will you be making?

Ann said...

I don't know that I could get myself to go out for a walk when it's only 15 degrees. I mean I can do it when I have to walk to work but that's only because I have to.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Pretty scenes, the lighting is lovely. I am making a pie today for Thanksgiving. Take care, have a wonderful day!

Deb J. in Utah said...

So glad that David and Liz will be with your for Thanksgiving. That will be nice. Charly made the pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving with our daughter. Charly makes great pumpkin pies and has for years. Great pictures. I a glad you could walk outside again. See you again soon.

Debbie said...

The snow is beautiful! I can imagine how invigorating it must be to walk in that cold so early in the morning.

Hootin Anni said...

The salad with cold chicken sounds great!!!! (With crusty bread).
Beautiful photos Karen. I especially like the top image of the road (just below the 2 miles back home).

Bill said...

The frozen puddle looks like an abstract art painting.

ellen b. said...

Glad the roads and sidewalks were clear enough for an outdoor walk. Nice photos. It's starting to snow here as I type. If I'm late to comment tomorrow, I wish you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Vee said...

Oh it will be good to have Liz be able to join you for Thanksgiving after all. What pies will you be making?

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Everything looks so pretty with the snow and ice. Not ice where one walks but on a pond and etc.

Pom Pom said...

Hello dear Happy! I'm going to make pie tomorrow, too. I hope your feast is lovely!

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely photographs, the lighting in them is lovely.

Sending early wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving.

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

All that snow feels bright.

susan q said...

lovely snow pics, Karen!thanks for sharing them.